1.    #1  
    Anyone able to browse to the URL that shows up in SMS when you get a shortmail?

Spiderman
    Originally posted by spidey
    Anyone able to browse to the URL that shows up in SMS when you get a shortmail?

Spiderman
    Nope.
  3.    #3  
    Perhaps the URL is an internal-only URL that Blazer cannot access because it uses a proxy in the outside world.

Anyone who has a 2G HDML Web Browser like on the I300 willing to try if they can get to the following URL from the HDML browser ("Sprint Web"), and let us know if it is accessable?

URL:

http://smwl.uc.sprintpcs.com/sml/wap.do

Thanks

Spiderman
    One of the primary reasons I was eager to make the jump from the Kyocera smartphone over to the Treo 300 was because I wanted the availability of SMS messaging. Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten it *or* email to work. :-( In fact, sending an SMS message from the Sprint messaging page causes a fatal error in my phone. What could be wrong?

As for email, I can *receive* email from my Netcom account . . . but it doesn't allow relaying via the SMTP server. So I can't *send* yet. I have another email service in conjunction with our office's Interland webhosting account. For some reason, the Treo can neither retrieve (POP3) or send (SMTP) email via that Interland account, in spite of the fact that my laptop does it just fine. So there's *something* wacky about the way the Treo interfaces with that POP3/SMTP setup at Interland. Anyone have any solutions -- or do I have to call *2?
    :-(
    Doug
    Doug