Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    All,

I was wondering if it is possible to sync with both Yahoo and Palm Desktop at the same time?

Right now, I'm syncing to just Yahoo - but I would also like to keep a local copy. In the Yahoo Intellisync settings, there is a setting that says "sync to Palm Desktop" but when I open up Palm Desktop, I don't have any contacts/calendar/todo, etc...

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to sync to both Yahoo and Palm Desktop... that way when I'm not connected to the net I can still view my calendar on the laptop.

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Bump, please help!!
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse
    All,

I was wondering if it is possible to sync with both Yahoo and Palm Desktop at the same time?

Right now, I'm syncing to just Yahoo - but I would also like to keep a local copy. In the Yahoo Intellisync settings, there is a setting that says "sync to Palm Desktop" but when I open up Palm Desktop, I don't have any contacts/calendar/todo, etc...

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to sync to both Yahoo and Palm Desktop... that way when I'm not connected to the net I can still view my calendar on the laptop.

Thanks.
    I don't know what the deal is, have you been syncing to the desktop prior to using yahoo? Is you Hotsync manager loading? I just started using the Yahoo Intelisync, it's pretty good, and slick, but I've found that I need to disable Intelisync everynow and again, to get datebook items to roll correctly on the desktop.
    You can't sleep here
  4.    #4  
    I actually never have never synced with palm desktop previously. when i first setup my visor on this laptop i installed yahoo intellisync to sync to yahoo.

Now that i want a local sync as well, i don't see a way to implement it.

Am I missing something here?
    Look under start>programs>handspring>hotsync. If it's there, load it, right click on the little icon and select custom. Set up the applications you want to update, you should be there. If it's not there, go to handspring.com and download desktop 4.1H. Reinstall it with the hotsync option. Then retry the other.
    You can't sleep here
  6.    #6  
    I have "hotsync manager". It's already loaded in my system tray. When I right click on it and click on custom, I just see my options on which conduits to sync.

I see "intellisync dates" intellisync todo", etc... if I click on change, nothing happens. I can't change it to just dates and just todo (to sync to palm desktop)

Additionally, my goal is to sync BOTH to yahoo and to palm desktop at the same, on one hotsync.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
    You know, I just tried to remove intelisync off my office computer, and that completely blocked hotsync from working. Maybe try to remove intelisync, reinstall desktop, hotsync to your desktop, then reinstall intelisync. That's what I had to do to get my desktop sync back.
    You can't sleep here
  8.    #8  
    If i remove intellisync i will not be able to sync to yahoo. Basically, everything on my end is working except palm desktop is not being included in the sync.

Basically if you have Yahoo Intellisync installed it will not sync with Palm Desktop. Is there an option I'm missing here?
    No, that's not entirely correct. I've been using both, and syncing to both for several weeks. I just didn't like the way Yahoo handles floating events, and the Visor syncs to Yahoo first. So I uninstalled the Yahoo from the office, and found I could no longer sync to the desktop. I'm suggesting that you try starting over from scratch, by uninstalling everything, then reinstalling in this order: Desktop, sync, Yahoo, sync.
    You can't sleep here
  10.    #10  
    Hi,

Old thread, but I just got around to performing the recommendation. I uninstalled everything and started over.

Installed in this order: Palm Desktop; synced; Yahoo Intellisync; synced.

Then I made a change on the visor and synced, and it only appeared in Yahoo; not Palm Desktop, meaning it's still not syncing with Palm desktop.

Also, when I make a change in Palm desktop, It doesn't appear in Yahoo nor the PDA.

Finally, when I make a change in Yahoo, it only appears on the visor and NOT palm desktop!

Am I missing something?

Thanks
  11.    #11  
    Bump, someone please help
  12.    #12  
    Bump

jlkrumm, are you there? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Maybe I'll try this out to see if I can help. Of course mine may end up broken by the end of this, but I'll try anyway. Give me a few hours.

Later,
    Rob
    Rob
  14.    #14  
    a response! Thank you !

I really would like to solve this issue since I don't have a constant net access at times when I'm at client sites.
    It doesn't appear that the Intellisync Yahoo module allows syncing to the Palm Desktop. It does synchronize the handheld data to Yahoo, but it doesn't update the desktop when it does this. It replaces the Desktop essentially during a sync. To get the same information into the desktop requires unchecking the modules in the IS4Yahoo app and then performing another Hotsync operation to update the Palm Desktop.

Sorry I couldn't find a way around that problem.

Later,
    Rob
    Rob
  16.    #16  
    Thanks for trying... but jlkrumm said he/she's done it for a while... is it possible?
    When I installed the Intellisync software, the Palm Desktop conduits were replaced with the Intellisync conduits which update Yahoo at each sync. There was no way to send the info to both. When the Intellisync modules were unchecked, the Palm Desktop was updated.

Now, with Intellisync uninstalled, the conduits for Palm Desktop no longer exist. And I'll have to reinstall the Palm Desktop software to get my conduits working again.

Just my experience with Intellisync for Yahoo...today.

Later,
    Rob
    Rob
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by rmcalister
    When I installed the Intellisync software, the Palm Desktop conduits were replaced with the Intellisync conduits which update Yahoo at each sync. There was no way to send the info to both. When the Intellisync modules were unchecked, the Palm Desktop was updated.

Now, with Intellisync uninstalled, the conduits for Palm Desktop no longer exist. And I'll have to reinstall the Palm Desktop software to get my conduits working again.

Just my experience with Intellisync for Yahoo...today.

Later,
    Rob
    I'm experiencing the EXACT same thing. I wish there was a way to sync all 3 at the same time but if not, I wish there was a way to toggle between syncing to Palm Desktop and Yahoo.
    For now,

You can go to the IS4Yahoo app and uncheck the boxes for each module to sync with Palm Desktop.

Check the boxes for each module to sync with Yahoo.

Make sure that you set the default for unconfigured items to Sync to Palm Desktop. That option is set under application settings...choose...options...Sync to Palm Desktop.

I hope this helps,
    Rob
    Rob
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by rmcalister
    For now,

You can go to the IS4Yahoo app and uncheck the boxes for each module to sync with Palm Desktop.

Check the boxes for each module to sync with Yahoo.

Make sure that you set the default for unconfigured items to Sync to Palm Desktop. That option is set under application settings...choose...options...Sync to Palm Desktop.

I hope this helps,
    Rob
    Hi Rob or anyone else:

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a way to toggle between syncing the pda and Yahoo and also between Yahoo and Palm Desktop (NO PDA)? I'd like to do that - anyone know if it's possible?

Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast