Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    BUMP, anyone out there? Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    HI,
    I have used Intellisync with Yahoo and my Outlook 2000. To keep all three in synch require mulitiple successive processes.

Run Intellisync and update Yahoo & your PDA. Then run Intellisync and update your desktop application (either Outlook or Palm) & your PDA.

If you had changes in Outlook, they will now be on your PDA but not yet on Yahoo, so you might need to run it again.

You really need to isolate where you are doing most or all of your data entry and then run the series of sychs so that the changes get to your PDA and then moved on to the other application (either Yahoo or desktop-Outlook).

For me, I do most of my changes either in Outlook (easiest to type in) or PDA (with me when I need to add/change something). I use Yahoo as a look-up or emailing program so I mostly need current contacts.

When Yahoo offered TrueSynch from Starfish, it would do all three at once so this is MUCH LESS user friendly.
  3.    #23  
    HI,
    Run Intellisync and update Yahoo & your PDA. Then run Intellisync and update your desktop application (either Outlook or Palm) & your PDA.
    How do you run intellisync to update the desktop application? Meaning, how do I only sync with yahoo and the desktop application (NoPDA)?

When Yahoo offered TrueSynch from Starfish, it would do all three at once so this is MUCH LESS user friendly.
    Yeah, definitely much more user friendly, and you could sync EVERYTHING at the same time - it was great. Unfortunately, it didn't allow you to sync the notepad.

Also, how do manage your events? I have been doing almost all my entry in Yahoo, thus, all my events are marked "private". Don't you get conflicts when you enter in Outlook since the default is public?

Thanks for the reply!!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    In Yahoo Calendar, I set the Event Sharing default to public AND set the Sharing option for the Calendar itself to No One Can View.

This has seemed to work. I've recently upgraded my home system to Windows XP and have not yet reinstalled Intellisynch. So I'll have to go on memory for the yahoo to desktop synch info.

As I remember it, using Intellisynch for Yahoo (as downloaded from Yahoo, which might be different then what you get when buying direct from Intellisynch) lets you set your options as synch with your PDA or from a list of desktop applications like Outlook, Lotus Notes, Palm, etc.

I believe when you choose the PDA, there is a check box that changes all conduits to the PDA. Yet, if you go into the options for the calendar and pick say Outlook, there is no checkbox. You need to go into contacts and pick Outlook, go into Notes and pick Outlook. You can substitute your desktop application for Outlook in those sentences.

In essence: I think Intellisynch for Yahoo always uses Yahoo and you pick one of the other two (PDA or desktop). Thats why if you do updates in two or all three, you have to do multiple synchs in a row.

Good Luck.

BTW: does anyone know if Intellisynch works with Win XP Pro? I've seen indications it work with NT but nothing specific to XP.
  5.    #25  
    Originally posted by Les Spicy
    In Yahoo Calendar, I set the Event Sharing default to public AND set the Sharing option for the Calendar itself to No One Can View.
    If I set this option; it's only all the events from that point forward that get marked "public" the rest of the events that were previously entered are still marked as private. Is there anyway to propogate the option throughout the rest of the events? I couldn't find the option anywhere.

As I remember it, using Intellisynch for Yahoo (as downloaded from Yahoo, which might be different then what you get when buying direct from Intellisynch) lets you set your options as synch with your PDA or from a list of desktop applications like Outlook, Lotus Notes, Palm, etc.
    Yes, it does let you select what desktop app you use, however, since I don't have Outlook installed I have selected Palm Desktop. Everytime I try syncing w/o the PDA in the cradle it says "please insert the pda in the cradle and hit the hot sync button". Don't know how to avert this.....

I believe when you choose the PDA, there is a check box that changes all conduits to the PDA. Yet, if you go into the options for the calendar and pick say Outlook, there is no checkbox. You need to go into contacts and pick Outlook, go into Notes and pick Outlook. You can substitute your desktop application for Outlook in those sentences.
    What do you mean by this? do you mean changing the options inthe hotsync manager in the sys tray? I don't find a place where to switch the desktop app- I only have palm desktop ( I do, however, have lotus notes but I don't want it to write to LN at all - it never has either).

BTW: does anyone know if Intellisynch works with Win XP Pro? I've seen indications it work with NT but nothing specific to XP.
    YES! Yahoo! IntelliSync DOES work perfectly under Windows XP!
  6.    #26  
    Bump for Les Spicy or anyone else!
  7.    #27  
    BUMP - ANYONE??
  8.    #28  
    Ok, does anyone know any other resources I could tap regarding this issue? I'm getting desparate....

Even if I could just sync Yahoo and Palm Desktop w/o the PDA i'd be okay...
  9.    #29  
    BUMP - How about syncing Outlook XP w/ Yahoo - can someone help me do this?
    I'm jumping back in after a long absence. I ended up just removing yahoo intellisync. I WAS for a time syncing to both yahoo and the desktop, but neither was doing it completely. Yahoo would sync, but handle the floating events funny, and therefore move the funny handle back to my visor. The desktop would then sync, but wouldn't take anything new from yahoo that sync, only things from the visor . I found that I always had my visor or my laptop, and rarely used yahoo for that reason. But from my best memory - here's how my hotsync was set up:

Date book - sync
    Add - sync
    To Do - sync
    Etc for all system
    Intellisync - sync
    Inside intellisync - only address and calendar synced, with visor rulling all.
    System - handheld overwrites.

That seemed to sort of work. It may require several syncs to get everything to everyplace, but it got there as closely as possible.

Here's another thought while we're on the subject. Have you tried to export/import to yahoo or vice-versa? If you did a sync, then exported your calendar and address book from yahoo to a file on your computer, then imported both to your desktop software - that should get it all there. Caveat - you couldn't use your desktop for maintenance, as you're only importing to it, so you'd have to set up new appointments and contacts on your visor or in yahoo. But the end result would have them all the same.

Good luck with this
    You can't sleep here
  11.    #31  
    Thanks for the reply again.

Well, I think I have given up trying to sync yahoo and palm desktop. I now have Outlook XP installed and would like to use Outlook as the MAIN point of entry for the appointments.

I can currently sync my pda and Outlook just fine. It's when I throw Yahoo into the mix. I still can't figure out how to sync Yahoo and Outlook w/o a PDA involved. ugh.

I guess I'll keep on trying...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Can you say again why you want to not have the PDA involved in the process?

I keep my PDA, Outlook, and Yahoo synched but it takes multiple steps.
  13.    #33  
    Can you say again why you want to not have the PDA involved in the process?

I keep my PDA, Outlook, and Yahoo synched but it takes multiple steps.
    Because it appears to me that Yahoo! Intellisync only syncs with any PIM and a PDA - however, it MUST sync with a PDA.

Thus, In order to get all three to sync, I must:

1) Sync Yahoo and PDA
    2) then Sync PDA w/ Outlook

I think it would be easier if I just synced my PDA w/ Outlook all the time; then synced Yahoo! and Outlook together when I want to create a backup - this way I don't have to bring the pda with me at all times.

I donno... I wish there was a "cleaner" solution.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12