1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to disconnect from the data network quickly without having to go to Preferences - Network and tapping disconnect?

For example, everytime I get e-mail pushed to me from Sprint Business Connection, the Treo logs on to the network and syncs my e-mail. I would like to disconnect the device from the data network after each push as to not drain the battery.

Can you assign a button to disconnect from the network? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by biotch
    Is there anyway to disconnect from the data network quickly without having to go to Preferences - Network and tapping disconnect?

For example, everytime I get e-mail pushed to me from Sprint Business Connection, the Treo logs on to the network and syncs my e-mail. I would like to disconnect the device from the data network after each push as to not drain the battery.

Can you assign a button to disconnect from the network? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Has anyone proved that disconnecting to the data network while still on the voice network gives you any less battery drain ? There are some controls over this function. On is the blazer contrls to prompt before disconnecting and disconnect upon exit. If you set blazer to prompt before connecting, mail will also.

You can also control whether you Treo stays connected while in coverage areas but this is a bit further down in the network settings tree.
    I haven't been able to get my data provisioning working....but I have excellent battery life. I didn't recharge my Treo at all from Friday afternoon to Monday at noon and still had a good amount of battery life remaining. The phone and PDA functions were working fine all weekend.
    Has anyone proved that disconnecting to the data network while still on the voice network gives you any less battery drain ?
    I notice no difference. I suspect people who are experiencing this have a problem with their phone or their configuration they need fixed