Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Ok! I have tried the following mail programs TREO Mail,Multimail,In Box by Dataviz. They all work great if I am connected to my desktop and do a HOT Sync. What I cannot get to work is when I am on the road ( desktop is off) and I want to retrieve e-mails from the companies POP3 mail server ( Outlook).

I am assuming Sprint is like my ISP supplying me with the path to go from my phone to the POP 3 server and that the only thing I need to set is the Incoming and Outgoing parameters + username/password.Can someone list the steps I need to comply with to get any of these "mail programs" to work.
    Eudora works great with POP3 email
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Broose: a) Can you advise a bit more on the settings I would need to set up with Eudora. I had a tough yesterday trying to get the other programs to work, it would be great if I have a sucess today. b)Will Eudora support the viewing of attchments ( MS Word and Excel), c) Do you get like at Palmgear?.

THanks for any help you can provide.
    You can download Eudora for free from the Qualcomm website. It comes bundled with the Eudora Web browser, which is great for text-only viewing. It is the Eudora Internet Suite Version 2.1. When you install it and run a new account setup, it will walk you through the settings for your pop email. You need to know your incoming server name (pop.sprintpcs.com, for example) and your smtp server (smtp.sprintpcs.com) for outgoing mail. I don't think it supports attachments but it does support SSL.
    Download Eudora Internet Suite at

www.eudora.com
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Broose one last question , should I not input the parameters to reach the POP3 server of my company for example in lieu of the Sprint info. I am using Sprint as just an ISP ( that is my assumption)
    Definitely use the pop server of your company, unless you are forwarding email to your sprint account.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help Brooose
    Broose, have you been able to use SMTP too? I've been trying to get Iambis mail to do it and haven't yet succeeded in getting it to work.
    :-(
    Doug
    I just sent an email to my university account from my Treo's Sprintpcs account and it worked quickly. I was using Eudora. I used the check and send. You may need to be authenticated first before sending so simply sending your mail might fail. Use "Check and Send" Mail. It logs in with your password, checks mail and then sends your messages.
    Originally posted by DougLucas
    Broose, have you been able to use SMTP too? I've been trying to get Iambis mail to do it and haven't yet succeeded in getting it to work.
    :-(
    What ISP are you using?? Many do not allow SMTP request from outside their own network. Brooose is lucky and his school allows this.

[Edit, I did not notice the SMTP Brooose was using when first making my post . I must try that myself...]
    I sent my email message TO my university account. I can't use the Pitt smtp server. I can use Sprint's for my Sprint email only.
    So maybe I'll try Eudora. Because this Iambia mail won't check *or* send... even if I authenticate first. Maybe there's something strange about *it*. I guess the other variable is the Interland website account. But we sure use it with lots of laptops without a hassle.

Thanks. At least now I know it should be possible.

May I ask... do you have SMS working at all? Is this fatal error just a problem with my account or equipment then?
    Doug
    Doug
    I can receive text messages. When the Short Mail comes, I get the SMS which has a website. Blazer then doesn't allow me to go to that website. I get an error message but no fatal reset. I hope Sprint and Handspring create a MO-SMS program for the Treo. After all, Sprint would then get us to send and receive more data (more $$$ for them!)
    Anyone know if there is a setting or filter in Eudora that will only download new unread messages or the 25 most recent messages received???
    Originally posted by bluehorizons
    Anyone know if there is a setting or filter in Eudora that will only download new unread messages or the 25 most recent messages received???
    I don't know the setting, but it seems Eudora does that for me automatically. Is it not doing that for you after trying?
    Originally posted by Brooose
    I sent my email message TO my university account. I can't use the Pitt smtp server. I can use Sprint's for my Sprint email only.
    Has anyone else been able to send messges using smtp.sprintpcs.com? I have tried and it has not worked for me...

Any other options for sending POP mail from a tool like Eudora would be helpful for those of us whose ISPs have locked down outside SMTP connections.
    Originally posted by darnell

Has anyone else been able to send messges using smtp.sprintpcs.com? I have tried and it has not worked for me...

Any other options for sending POP mail from a tool like Eudora would be helpful for those of us whose ISPs have locked down outside SMTP connections.
    I don't use sprint, but you may try putting in your sprint email in the from info and then if your email client supports a reply to option, you could out the address where you want users to reply.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe

I don't use sprint, but you may try putting in your sprint email in the from info and then if your email client supports a reply to option, you could out the address where you want users to reply.
    I can't get mail to send even with Sprint information in all the fields.
    can't get mail to send either.
    Can't use SMS. I get a fatal error.. Line:282.
    ANyone else getting that?
    Doug