1.    #1  
    ...with another 755p. What do I need to do to get my phone number transferred to the replacement phone?

Can I just do the online activation on sprint.com, and my phone number will automagically be transferred to the replacement phone?

TIA
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  2.    #2  
    Well that was easy! Disregard this question...

I activated the replacement Treo w/o issue, now I just need to restore and/or install apps, etc.

Going to try restoring w/ NVBackup from memory card from the old phone first, if there are any problems, I'll hard-reset and install all my apps via hotsync...
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Yes setting up a new device is very easy on the website. I actually carry a spare phone with me and will activate it if I leave my other phone at home or something, then switch back when I get my primary phone back. The only down side is that I loose any text messages on the temp phone.