1.    #1  
    I know this has been discussed at length, but please bear with me. I can't seem to get my "Push" to function. Even when "push" is selected on the Treo, my system tries to synch on its own schedule (which takes over an hour to get an e-mail). With SMS notification turned on, I get a note that I have a new e-mail in seconds. What are the best settings to use on both the Treo AND on the Sprint Web site? Thanks for the advice.
    What mail server are you trying to talk to? Exchange? Notes? POP3?

I do not think Push works with POP3 and someone stated the Outlook client needs to be left start for push to work with Exchange. I use Notes/Domino and push works great for me. I do not send SMS messages, because it is not necessary when the email is pushed to the Palm client.

The only setting I have set is the "Push" setting on the BC client. After setting it, I did a manual synch.
    Roger
    dmw819 figured this out and relayed the following a couple days ago:

"you MUST turn off "alerts" on the Treo handheld in the BC client software and choose "push" ONLY in the custom sync menu.

you must go to bc.sprintpcs.com and login

in the Alerts Tab choose "turn off all alerts."

in the Device Tab DO NOT check "receive alerts on this device.

VOILA!"

I know his advice seems counterintuitive but it works -- generally. Push email is sometimes spotty but I'd say for me it works better than 80 percent of the time (and within a minute or so of getting new mail).

This setup, however, can be problematic. For example, because your PCS BC alerts are off, you will not get calendar alert changes (if you have them). Also, it will mean that your Treo will not sync unless there's new mail (unless you do it manually), so it could go awhile without syncing.

But so far this setup is the only one that seems to work. I've tried all kinds of variations to no avail. Good luck.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you. The above settings worked perfectly!
  5.    #5  
    I spoke a little too soon. My mail is working most of the time, but my Outlook calender is not updating wirelessly at all. Should it be? Do I have to change any settings? Thanks again for the assistance.
    hum

I think my outlook calendar is updating, but I'll check and see to make sure.
    These settings have worked for my email.....

but like dboris, my outlook calendar is not updating wirelessly at all on the Treo!

Anyone been able to do this?
    Originally posted by TexBear
    These settings have worked for my email.....

but like dboris, my outlook calendar is not updating wirelessly at all on the Treo!

Anyone been able to do this?
    The Business Connection applet for the Treo only allows for receiving and syncing email from your desktop that is running the BC software. It does nothing to sync up the calendar. In order to move calendar items from the desktop to the Treo, this has to occur doing a regular HotSync.

If, however, you wish to "interact" with your calendar (e.g., view appointments, make/delete appointments) on the desktop using the Treo, you can use BC for this. You have to use the Blazer browser, the SprintPCS home page that comes up when the browser is activated and click on the Business Tools icon. Select Business Connection and log in the same as you would on bc.sprintpcs.com. You can then access the calendar, your corporate email, the file folder you designated during initial set-up as well as any POP3 or IMAP account you have established.
    I was afraid of that....

It certainly would be wonderful if a 'calendar sync' function could be added to the Sprint Business Connection Software.

The user interface of the web browser (Blazer) based calendar and email on the Treo is not nearly as nice as the regular 'Calendar' function on the Treo, which is alot like Outlook. Being able to see email on the Treo without using the web browser is very nice...now only if we could do the same with the Calendar (e.g., get push calendar updates from Sprint Business Connection).
    Originally posted by TexBear
    I was afraid of that....

It certainly would be wonderful if a 'calendar sync' function could be added to the Sprint Business Connection Software.

The user interface of the web browser (Blazer) based calendar and email on the Treo is not nearly as nice as the regular 'Calendar' function on the Treo, which is alot like Outlook. Being able to see email on the Treo without using the web browser is very nice...now only if we could do the same with the Calendar (e.g., get push calendar updates from Sprint Business Connection).
    There is an intriguing feature to BC which I have not been able to get to work as it is tied to SMS. That feature allows you to set an alert that would come to the Treo that notifies you of changes to existing meetings with a sub-option to only apply it to current day's meetings. You can also have the current day's meetings sent via SMS at up to three user-designated times per day and a sub-option to only have it apply to weekday meetings.

I agree with you that SPCS should have included calendar syncing in the BC software. Hopefully. a future release or some enterprising software designer with come up with this.
    I still can't get it to work, following your setting. I'm running Outlook on the desktop, connecting to Exchange server 5.5. Sprint BC is running on the system tray (ver 5.0.0.275). I configure the Treo handheld under Sync Prefs as follow:

Under Alerts
    Turn off ALL alerts (everything uncheck)

Under Schedule
    Use Custom sync settings
    Push messages to my device

On bc.sprintpcs.com:

in the Alerts Tab choose "turn off all alerts."

in the Device Tab DO NOT check "receive alerts on this device

What exactly is push. I'm not seeing any new mail in my Inbox coming over to the Treo automatically. Isn't that what "push" is? What am I doing wrong??

Thanks.
    Check the log file in your Sprint directory. It has details about the connection and in my case let me know it couldn't locate the mail file.
    Hi,
    Which log file should I be looking for? Thank you.
    Originally posted by tnguyenmdc
    Hi,
    Which log file should I be looking for? Thank you.
    I'm having the same issue. All alerts turned off on the website, custom sync settings set to push on the Treo, the mail from Exchange 5.5 hits the sprint site within a few seconds but doesn't push.

Did you guys need to wait a day or so for the setting to take effect....... reboot the phone, sync, etc. I tried wireless off-on and syncing with the new settings. I'm somewhat embarrased to admit that I changed my username from 01 to my actual name a couple of weeks ago. The user name on the site is the vision name (thats what it specifies) rather than the account name ending in 01.