1.    #1  
    i've had my treo 300 for two days. opened it up an hour ago and the screen is blinking on and off w/no delay.

i did a soft reset.. nothing
    i did a hard reset.. nothing

doing both of the above stops the screen from blinking (As though its going to do a reset).. then two seconds later when you would expect the logo to show.. it starts blinking again.. over and over and .........

well.. suffice to say i'm a bit dissapointed. I've hit every key (thinking maybe one of them was stuck).. nothing. opened and closed the lid, plugged in the hot sync cable, tried to sync, plugged in the power cable.. just maybe!!?!?!?!

FYI: over the past two days since i've owned it.. it has had three fatal errors requiring a soft reset, a day (last sat) of no service (once again requiring a reset before things were back to normal). All of this on a device that i have not installed anything on yet (i.e. no third party apps or updates).

what a joy to be the first on my block to have a $500 paper weight. Nothing to do but wait until tomorrow to get it exchanged.

bm
  2.    #2  
    and yes.. i'm curious to see if anything changes after the batery drains itself overnight!!
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Don't take it out to much on the Treo, I had a a few Palms that hard their far share of problems. I had an old Visor that had terrible issues only when running certain software, even though my buddy had the same Visor and the software ran fine on his. And my Visor Prism, I had to take my first one back cause it wouldn't turn on. Worst of all was my m505 it would work some days and other days it wouldn't work at all, no rhyme or reason. I am not a Palm hater, on the contrary Palm is the best OS for mobile computing and communications, my opinion, maybe you'll have better luck with your next treo!!

Milton
  4.    #4  
    as mentioned earlier.. i let it sit overnight until it was drained. as of now it has no juice. I plugged it in and it came back to life. as if nothing ever happened. I plan to charge it fully this morning and keep it running today to see if it happens again.

my question to you guys.. should i just get it exchanged now before it happens again? It may never happen again.. but if it does its a definate show-stopper. Not even a hard reset works. Only a batery drain..

PS...

if i had to return it.. how do you think the Sprint store would handle it.. would they simply exchange it out with a new one? or would they make me wait while they shipped it off to wherever to get looked at.. then in a week i'd get it back? or a new one?

thoughts?
    Originally posted by bostonmerlin
    as mentioned earlier.. i let it sit overnight until it was drained. as of now it has no juice. I plugged it in and it came back to life. as if nothing ever happened. I plan to charge it fully this morning and keep it running today to see if it happens again.

my question to you guys.. should i just get it exchanged now before it happens again? It may never happen again.. but if it does its a definate show-stopper. Not even a hard reset works. Only a batery drain..

PS...

if i had to return it.. how do you think the Sprint store would handle it.. would they simply exchange it out with a new one? or would they make me wait while they shipped it off to wherever to get looked at.. then in a week i'd get it back? or a new one?

thoughts?
    That happend to me after a surfing session. I just reset it, and forgot all about it until your post. It was about a week ago.