1.    #1  
    I have moved from the Visor Prism to Treo 300. Now I have a Franklin Bible Springboard that I can no longer use. Is there any way to move the book from the Springboard to my Treo 300's memory?

I used USB Mover to copy the files from from the Springboard to my PC's hard drive. But when I try to load them onto the Treo using the Palm Install Tool I get a bunch of errors. Most errors say the files are read only. But the Windows file settings show the file is writtable, so I guess it's something inside the files .

Has anyone ever moved a book? If so, how?
    Originally posted by darnell
    Is there any way to move the book from the Springboard to my Treo 300's memory?

But the Windows file settings show the file is writtable, so I guess it's something inside the files
    Thw file attributes in Windows have nothing to do with the PalmOS attributes (which are embedded in the file). I don't think you can move files from any of the Franklin modules... and I'm sure they employ some sort of protection to prevent it. You may want to contact Franklin to see if you have any options.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3.    #3  
    Yea that's what I fear. But I also fear that Franklin will offer no alternatives. I will ask though.

All this copy-protection of the digital age really stinks for us honest folks .
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Can you get them to the Visor's memory and beam them (maybe using BeamBox or some such) to the Treo?
    I think BackupBuddy has an option to backup the contents of any module (I did it with my VisorPhone once). Once it's backed up, sync it to the Treo.
    Jeff
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Q
    Can you get them to the Visor's memory and beam them (maybe using BeamBox or some such) to the Treo?
    Well I can't use anything to just move the files from the module to the Visor's memory, but since I have the files on a PC hard drive now maybe I can move them from the PC to the Visor's memory using USB Mover. I'll have to try that. If that works then maybe I'll try beaming. But since the files are Beam Locked on the module that may not work either. Maybe the "read only" attribute in the files keeps them from being beamed too . Guess I'll find out...

I'll have to try PDAENVY's idea too.

I've e-mailed Franklin to see if there is any way I could trade-in the module for a downloadable version. Maybe they will write back, but I'm not holding my breath.

I just wish Handspring had made an attachment to run Springboards .
  7.    #7  
    Well Franklin responded to my e-mail. They basically told me I'm S-O-L and need to buy a downloadable version. No trade-in program availabe .

I guess from here on I'll just keep my actions regarding this private. I don't want the DMCA police knocking on my door for doing something with software I paid for and simply wanted to use on a new device .