1.    #1  
    I had a very unpleasant experience with my Treo 300 this afternoon.

After a full night of charging I was out and about and had made a call or two (nothing of any length). I had also done a web lookup on Blazer and Xinno.

A few hours later I take a look at the phone and the battery is on its last let and the unit felt hot. I look and the data arrows are green! At this point I am totally freaking out. I looked at each browser and they were not loading any data so I have no idea of what happened. I also noticed that on a reset the phone attempted to connect to data services right off which I don't recall happening before.

Any clues?
    What websites did you look up? Geez, has spyware arrived to mobile phone sites?
    I had something similar happen with Xiino the other day... seemingly after viewing, of all the ironic things, the Sprint PCS messaging site! Xiino apparently got locked up in an endless loop. I haven't had anything like it happen with Blazer yet. So... I haven't actually *paid* for Xiino yet... since I think it's an issue.
    Doug
    I too had something like this happen, and it well could have been associated with Xiino, with which I had been experimenting. Too bad, because it performs very well in many ways.

It does permit you to disconnect from the internet (phone icon in lower right corner of the screen). Maybe that would spare the battery. Personally, I don't want the hassle.
    Kami
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Kami
    It does permit you to disconnect from the internet (phone icon in lower right corner of the screen). Maybe that would spare the battery. Personally, I don't want the hassle.
    True, and above any of the hassles, what of the endless loops of data the phone is downloading... I cringe at the thought of the charges associated with that happening a few times.
    After 3 or 4 days of use Xiino did the same thing to me. However it seemed to start at random. I had actualy made a phone call last night and hadnt logged onto the internet since then. This morning after the phone had been in my pocket awhile I noticed it was hot and had drained alot of the battery. I checked Xiino and it was "green arrowing" on a Yahoo web page. Dissconnected and it was fine.
    How can it reconnect on its own? Shouldnt it disconnect if you use the phone?
    Could be expensive at the end of the trial period.
    You may be on a page with an auto-reload script to update advertisments. That is one reason why Blazer is a lot safer on a packet network. Of course a server side script could autoreload a page on Blazer too.

The one danger I foresee on the 300 or on later GPRS Treos is where you run an app like OnCradleOn to keep your Treo on in the cradle. You have an active session in your browser and drop it in the cradle and you happen to be on one of those pages and then go away for the day....
    I've had the same thing happen. Pretty sure it was Blazer.
    Kami
    I've had it happen to me several times - with the lid closed and open. It took me a little while to isolate the problem, but I'm almost 100% sure that the source was the Midcast financial app. Too bad too, because I really liked it. I'm going to try a trial seperation from the app for the next week, or so, to confirm my beliefs. I'll let you know how I make out.

Dunc