1.    #1  
    I am new to PDA's and am getting used to my 300. I am wondering if the Treo has the ability to play MP3's and if there have been apps out there for other Treos.
    i think RAM is the limiting factor, there isn't enough really to load much in the way of MP3s.
    What I really want is to be able to access MP3s from my home system's hard drive wirelessly. The business connect allows access to files, the software just need to be written to allow the opening of those files to a streaming MP3. I have downloaded Fireviewer and I am going to give that a try. I hae heard that it has some streaming capabilities.
    Sully
    Boston, MA
    Treo 650 and 700
    Former Treo 300 and 600 Owner
    The Treo is not a device for MP-3's. There are other phones designed for this purpose. The Treo is more suited for business use, i.e. mail, PIM, etc.
    wait for the Kyocera 7135. It has a built in MP3 player with an SD expasion slot (up to 256MB)
    Originally posted by dmw819
    i think RAM is the limiting factor, there isn't enough really to load much in the way of MP3s.
    Yeah, and unlike other Palm devices, there's no expansion card to load MP3s onto.

But RAM isn't the only limiting factor. The DragonBall CPU is apparently too slow to decode MP3s in real time, which is why Sony had to add special DSPs to its CLIÉ line to handle the MP3 duties.

This means no streaming MP3s either.