1.    #1  
    Today, I was out of the Sprint coverage area for about 15 min. and I noticed my Treo300 phone displayed "no service"; however, after returning to an area with known strong coverage, the service did not automatically re-initialize. I had to turn the phone off, then on again to restore service. I tested this again later today with the same results. Anyone else seen this?
    Today, I was talking on my phone when I lost connection. I thought it was because I had travelled beyond my area. It was my first experience with this and I was into southern NH (An area considered roaming by my other carrier Cingular). This was around 3:10pm.

I was at the beach, so I did not think much of it until I returned back to where I had service before. No Service. Well now I am at home a full hour drive into my service area for sure. No Service. I have exited and entered wireless mode several times. No Service. Here I am 8 hrs later No Service. I am out of wireless mode now with my phone off (I think it is off still get a red flash).

I am considering a soft reset.....
    Sully
    Boston, MA
    Treo 650 and 700
    Former Treo 300 and 600 Owner
    Well, I do not know what happened. After I did a soft reset, the service came back on line. But it took much longer than I would have expected. After the soft reset, it was over a minute from the time I entered wireless mode. I am not happy that I had this happen. I will have to keep an eye on it in the future.
    Sully
    Boston, MA
    Treo 650 and 700
    Former Treo 300 and 600 Owner
    i had the same thing happen to me. spent lunch at chilis... during lunch surfed the web. then drove across the street to barnes & nobles. bought a few books then noticed 'no service'. thought that was odd but figured it was from being in the bookstore.

went outside.. 'no service'. for the next few hours nothing. then my 300 froze and brought up an error. after a soft reset.. everything worked again.

odd!!

jb
    According to the information i have (which i believe is in the manual) what happens when you are out of sprint coverage the phone turns the wireless mode off...
    Those PDA manufacturer's will do anything to boost battery life

It would be really nice to be able to control this "feature" since it could result in missed calls after you cross a gap in coverage. This seems like a serious bug if true but I've gone through some pretty deep canyons with no bars and service came back. It didn't say no service though. I've heard you don't have to go that far to leave some Sprint coverage areas.
    Originally posted by Sprint Tech
    According to the information i have (which i believe is in the manual) what happens when you are out of sprint coverage the phone turns the wireless mode off...
    That may be what the manual said, but is inconsistent with Tigger's attempts to enter wireless mode "many times".

Maybe it's all that bouncing?

i think it goes w/out saying.. i tried reconnecting dozens of times when the 300 displayed 'no service'. there was obviously something going on during that time. a busy sat. too many folks on the network. upgrades.. who knows. there was a glitch and it effected me/us in some way.

jb
    I spent about 2 hours on hold on the phone today to talk to tech support at sprint about my No Service problem. During the conversations with multiple representatives, I got the impression that Sprint was undergoing a major "upgrade" to their system.

A couple of the people I spoke with said they could not access my account due to database problems.

When I finally got to a tech support person, he mentioned that the soft reset was the answer and that they had been having trouble all day with that. He even mentioned that Sprint was "sending data" to everyone's phones to correct the cause of the problem without people knowing about it.

Not sure how knowledgable he really was, but there ya go.