1.    #1  
    New Treo 270. When I make a voice call I can hear the person I am talking to through the flip-open earpiece (haven't tried the headset yet) but I cannot hear myself. Anyone else having the same problem??? Is there a fix? Is this a hardware problem?
    Wha?
    --NickC--
    If the person on the other end can hear you and you can hear them, what is the problem?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    I understand what he means... but he needs to get over it.

With my past cell phones I could always hear my own voice as I spoke through the receiver. Whenever I stopped hearing it, it was a good indication that my call got disconnected. When I got a treo, it sounds that way all the time, so it took some getting used to. My brain kept saying "you've been disconnected!" but in reality my connection was fine.

It just takes some getting used to, that's all.

- Matt
    With my past cell phones I could always hear my own voice as I spoke through the receiver. Whenever I stopped hearing it, it was a good indication that my call got disconnected. When I got a treo, it sounds that way all the time, so it took some getting used to.
    Hmmm...

I guess that's why -- when speaking on my Treo -- I keep asking the person on the other end if they're still there. They're getting annoyed.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
  6.    #6  
    So I'm not crazy and it is an anomaly of the hardware. Thanks group. But yo, Treo, if you're paying attention, every other phone in the world transmits your voice through the earpiece. Perhaps one of your engineers can post a reason why Treos don't????
    every other phone in the world transmits your voice through the earpiece. Perhaps one of your engineers can post a reason why Treos don't????
    Maybe it saves battery power?
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!