1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to "secure" the Treo 300 similar to other Palm devices of the past where basically whenever the device is turned on (the screen is activated) you must put in a password?

I have seen the "security preferences" within the device, but they only seem to protect someone from using the phone (and they do a poor job at that from a GUI standpoint)....but what about the contacts, dates, etc.... The only thing I can find is to make everything PRIVATE? in Outlook.

Any help would be appreciate..thanks in advance.

EC
    I use a program called GRIDLOCK
    PDA Defense (formerly PDABomb) provides excellent protection for your the Treo. You can do a search for it at PalmGear.com.
    The lowest cost protection for your Treo 300 is the Security application built in. I use the Turn off and Lock feature based on the presumption that it is close to impossible to get to your data if you dont have the password.

I have heard that it is possible to get past this via a special kind of reset and a serial cable but how many thieves will know about this.

TealLock from www.tealpoint.com is the choice of my more careful friends as it specifically excludes the potential reset workaround and also can encrypt some data at lockdown.
  5.    #5  
    Does anyone know where this functionality is on the Treo 300?

"The lowest cost protection for your Treo 300 is the Security application built in. I use the Turn off and Lock feature based on the presumption that it is close to impossible to get to your data if you dont have the password"