Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hey guys-

Just found your link for the UK prc. We'd been looking for solutions over in Communications since July. It's kind of flaky - I can only get it working a quarter of the time, though it's much better than the alternative.

We've been trying to convert an applet, MiMessenger, that does Yahoo, AIM, MSN and ICQ. I've converted a bunch of JAR/JAD file combos using MIDP conversion tools from Sun, but this one isn't working and was wondering if any of you had any insight.

Here's the thread. Any help you have would be appreciated.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=29547

-johnny0
    Treo 270 / Cingular
  2.    #22  
    This looks promising, someone please figure this one out. In my opinion, the ability to use Yahoo IM is one of the critical success factors of this unit.
    Well, figured out how to create a .prc out of the .jar and .jad files.

Unfortunately it doesn't run in the JVM. The code must be pretty closely tied to the Motorola Accompli.

I've dropped a line to the developers to see what they have to say re porting.

-johnny0
    Treo 270 / Cingular
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Q Man
    This looks promising, someone please figure this one out. In my opinion, the ability to use Yahoo IM is one of the critical success factors of this unit.
    Surely you're joking.
    Anybody else run into this?

Any way around it?

thanks
    Andrew
    I get the same problem - stuck at Signing On... either that or I continually get a repeated "Connection Lost, click OK to sign in again"...

I love it when it works, but it certainly has a long way to go... does anyone know if Yahoo will release another version of this in the UK???

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Too flaky...worked for a little while yesterday, although it lost the connection a few times. Today I keep getting the "Connection Lost, click OK to sign in again" message. I'd really like to get this working, or even better a Trillian-like app for PalmOS.
    Originally posted by dukdukgoos
    Too flaky...worked for a little while yesterday, although it lost the connection a few times. Today I keep getting the "Connection Lost, click OK to sign in again" message. I'd really like to get this working, or even better a Trillian-like app for PalmOS.
    I am getting the exact same error message.
    a2rob
    Did anyone get their Yahoo nessaging working again? It worked the first time I installed but now I keep getting "you have lost your connection screen. \nclick 'ok' to sign on again" error.
    a2rob
    I keep getting that same response each time I try to log in. Glad to know it's not just me - I suppose.
    Okay -

Here's what MAY be going on with this... as Sprint uses a range of IP addresses, I believe that Yahoo is now filtering our ability to log in based upon the IP addresses? As they don't support YahooIM for Palm here domestically and Sprint doesn't offer international service, it's pretty easy to just "shut us off" now that they caught on we're attempting this stuff.

I wonder if other providers are having the same problem in the US?

Is there a way to reverse engineer the PRC file and both correct the issues we have with this program and change the IP addresses it looks for - we could potentially create a proxy that would fool Yahoo's filters?

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    That is possible, but I doubt Yahoo would catch on. What is there maybe a dozen Sprint IPs hitting the UK servers?? They would first need to realize it, then go through the trouble.
    Originally posted by Appleman
    That is possible, but I doubt Yahoo would catch on. What is there maybe a dozen Sprint IPs hitting the UK servers?? They would first need to realize it, then go through the trouble.
    So still the question remains: Why is everyone having the same problem all of a sudden - an inability to log in to YahooIM via the Palm client? I cannot believe that Yahoo would care!!! Do you think Sprint is doing it???? Anyone know of someone with a 270 or 180 that can load this and try it out?

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    While I can't assign "blame" here, it's quite common for the IM companies (ICQ, AIM, Y!, MSN) to change their IM protocols and either intentionally or unintentionally break everything but their official client. Sometimes they 'forget' about old or obscure versions of their clients, too.
    Originally posted by Leeladisky

Anyone know of someone with a 270 or 180 that can load this and try it out?
    I have a 180 on the Fido network in Canada, and I can't log in at all now either.
    It works with yahoo, AOL and MSN. www.webmessenger.com.
    it may work with Yahoo AOL et al but I canlt get it to work with my Treo!
    If everyone will just be a little patient VeriChat which is built for the Treo will be out soon and it rocks. The beta is progressing nicely.
    I'm using the beta of Verichat, and I can say that it works WWAAYYY better than even that old Yahoo Mssenger prc when it used to actually work. It is the best one I've seen. the wait is worth it.
    i am using VeriChat also.....and i agree..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast