1.    #1  
    After 6 days of owning a Treo I finaly got wireless internet. Had to wait for my billing cycle to roll over. Very happy with the internet speeds, but dissappointed that I cant get Hotmail or my old @sprintpcs.com email. I called cust service and was told I would need to download Xiion, an alternate browser. Its shareware and $25. The trick is that its 128 bit encrypted. After using Xiion I was able to get to the sprintpcs log on page, but no further. As for Hotmail, it would let me log on, but the screen was useless. Words all ran together. I was suprised Microsoft was not on top of this.
    Frustrating that a new fancy 3G phone cant go backward to a 2G site. My ancient Neopoint 1000 recieved Hotmail and SprintPCS mail just fine. It seems the emphisis for Vision is to get you to pay the extra $5 to get ISP or corporate mail pushed.
    My solution is to switch to a Yahoo mail account. There is a Yahoo link in the web portals icon.
    Originally posted by 911_Dude
    I was suprised Microsoft was not on top of this.
    Why would they be? Palm is their competitor?
    Originally posted by 911_Dude I called cust service and was told I would need to download Xiion, an alternate browser. Its shareware and $25. The trick is that its 128 bit encrypted. After using Xiion I was able to get to the sprintpcs log on page, but no further. As for Hotmail, it would let me log on, but the screen was useless. Words all ran together [/B]
    My experience with Xiino and Hotmail is completely different than yours. I have no issue with words running together. You might check the Xiino font preferences and make sure the setting is on the smaller font. If you are using the large fonts everything looks pretty bad.
  4.    #4  
    >>Why would they be? Palm is their competitor?

Um, can you say "world software domination?", develope, copy, or buy any useful software out there. Yes, microsoft will be fully intertwined with anything Palm in due time.

But seriously, I checked hotmail again with small fonts on Xiion. I guess the text of the messages was ok, but the rest of the web page was all goofed.
    Still not getting past the scrambled SprintPCS.com page. Is anyone else getting PCS mail? What is Treo mail that some are mentioning?
    posted usng treo 300, i can not get a yahoo account from mobile yahoo due to not supplying occupation and location, do not even see this listed on the sign up form...
    nobull
  6.    #6  
    Try signing up to Yahoo from your desktop PC.
    duh, really...have a yahoo account but every time I try using that uname and pw it says 'invalid username or pw' I figure my uname is too long or something so I wanted to recreate a new one w a shorter uname (on vaca so access to desktop is not possible)

nobull