1.    #1  
    TreoPictureCallerID has been updated to work on the Treo 300. Download this at:

www.pdaapps.com

PDAapps
    I tried the TreoPictureCallerID. It installed fine and I was able to set up a DB fine. I linked a picture to my home number. Then I called the Treo and nothing happened. It showed no picture when the phone rang.

Do you know what I am doing wrong? I would love to set it up. I also looked at Ringo, but it is not ready for the Treo 300. In fact the TreoPictureID also does not talk about the Treo 300. However, it let me install. The Ringo said it was not approved for the Treo 300 and stopped me.

Originally posted by PDAapps
    TreoPictureCallerID has been updated to work on the Treo 300. Download this at:

www.pdaapps.com

PDAapps
    Sully
    Boston, MA
    Treo 650 and 700
    Former Treo 300 and 600 Owner
    Originally posted by cfsully
    I tried the TreoPictureCallerID. It installed fine and I was able to set up a DB fine. I linked a picture to my home number. Then I called the Treo and nothing happened. It showed no picture when the phone rang.

Do you know what I am doing wrong? I would love to set it up. I also looked at Ringo, but it is not ready for the Treo 300. In fact the TreoPictureID also does not talk about the Treo 300. However, it let me install. The Ringo said it was not approved for the Treo 300 and stopped me.

From the pdaapps.com website:

TreoPictureCallerID works on all Handspring Treo models (180, 180g and 270), on the VisorPhone and on the Sprint PCS Digital Link.

Did they update the software but not the site that provides it ?
    Try downloading it from PalmGear, I just installed that one and it seems to work fine.
    I tried the app. It read my Splash Phote data and let me link phone #s to photos. Disappointed that although my photos are color, the app displays as black and white when phone rings. Maybe doing something wrong...
  6.    #6  
    For those of you seeing b&w pictures, please download v0.3 of TreoPictureCallerID from www.pdaapps.com. v0.2x does not support the Treo 300, which is why you are seeing black and white pictures. You can find out what version you have by clicking on the "About" menu item in TreoPictureCallerID. Upgrading to v0.3 will require you to disable the previous version.

If you have any trouble using this app, please drop us a note at support@pdaapps.com

PDAapps
    Just wanted to throw in that the folks at pdaapps are great for support. They helped me fine tune "TreoAlertMgr" to work with my 270. So anyone using and having any issues with "TreoPictureCallerID", shoot them an e-mail!
    I highly recommend them.

Greg M
    Thanks PDAapps for being helpful with my V0.3 problem.

For others who may also encounter the same problem:

I had not been able to get the pictures to show up when the Treo rang. I figured out that when my Treo rings through, it comes in as 222-333-4444. The number that I had entered was 1-222-333-4444. The software did not recognize that these are the same numbers....
    Sully
    Boston, MA
    Treo 650 and 700
    Former Treo 300 and 600 Owner
    Does this app and all it's registration information get lost after a hard reset ? I like the product but when I went to buy it it looked like they were making things a bit complicated.
    the support at pdaaps is fantastick i am using treopicture,treoallert when I had a problem with my 270 they were right there to help.
  11.    #11  
    Some of you were seeing color SplashPhoto thumbnails but b/w pictures on incoming calls. This would happen if you were using the new version 3 of SplashPhoto.

This issue is fixed in v0.31 of TreoPictureCallerID now available from www.pdaapps.com. Another issue fixed the the correct matching of US phone numbers that may or may not have a leading 1 in the Caller ID info from the telco.

As before, please send questions to support@pdaapps.com

PDAapps
    I just installed TreoPictureCallerID but I have one question. When the lid of the Treo is closed and you receive a call, there are no button like "ignore" or "answer". How can I ignore the call. I tried several hard buttons, but none of them make the call ignoring.
    Originally posted by stanne
    I just installed TreoPictureCallerID but I have one question. When the lid of the Treo is closed and you receive a call, there are no button like "ignore" or "answer". How can I ignore the call. I tried several hard buttons, but none of them make the call ignoring.

Simple...

The two buttons in the middle (Top and Bottom)...

BOTTOM is ignore.. stops call from ringing.... but u can still answer it

TOP sends call right to voice mail....