1.    #1  
    I broke down and ordered the real Handspring/IDEO holster/belt clip earlier this week. Today was my second day (well not even, just for a few hours) wearing it, and out of nowhere I find my treo doing a powerslide across the pavement, the holster with it! But the clip was still in my pants.

Sure enough the plastic broke around the hinge. I mean I've seen other holsters do this, but they were cheap and that was after years of use. A FEW HOURS and I never put any abnormal force on the holster whatsoever, and it breaks on its own accord! Unaccaptable!

I have to ship it back to handspring and they will send me out a new one. I really hope it was a defect. Who woulda thought a $12 brookfield clip would outperform a $35 handspring?

Hmm.

You are the first one to report a problem with the holster case here. I have had one for months now and it does not have any cracks. I always feel thatg my Treo is very secure in the case.

Originally posted by jwardell
    I broke down and ordered the real Handspring/IDEO holster/belt clip earlier this week. Today was my second day (well not even, just for a few hours) wearing it, and out of nowhere I find my treo doing a powerslide across the pavement, the holster with it! But the clip was still in my pants.

Sure enough the plastic broke around the hinge. I mean I've seen other holsters do this, but they were cheap and that was after years of use. A FEW HOURS and I never put any abnormal force on the holster whatsoever, and it breaks on its own accord! Unaccaptable!

I have to ship it back to handspring and they will send me out a new one. I really hope it was a defect. Who woulda thought a $12 brookfield clip would outperform a $35 handspring?

i agree with yardie i had mine since it came out never had any problems with it still very secure even banged into something yesterday. and still not a scratch

fred
    Dittos - love my holster after months of heavy use.

Paul
  5.    #5  
    Well handspring sent me a replacement after I shipped the broken one to them. I haven't used it yet, I'll let you know if I have any more problems.