1.    #1  
    Bobacus

Many users here don't have their user name in their phone app. Is this an issue? Should we be concerned? Is it worth yet another call to tech support?
    Most people who have not gotten their user name up are part of a larger problem. Yesterday the programming dudes put a fix out. What I suggest is that you try to initiate the browser(if you don't see it pop up). this should automatically update you.

If this still doesn't work, you may have to clear out any username or password on your phone. But the problem with this is you would have to call to find out how to do it. The ways I have seen explained on this board have been wrong. You will need a special code and to do some steps that on a tech could give you.

If you are still not up. Give us a call! something else is going on!
    I seem to have everything working OK (web access, mail works, phone and voice command work) but still show the time when I open the lid. What would cause the time to be replaced with the user name ? All of my provisioning wen't well with no errors. I don't mind doing a hard reset and redoing it but Ididn't know the lack of username (remember we are talking about the phone app in the treo right ?) was an still an issue.
    I can remember when Handspring was first demoing the Treo. People could not believe that the phone did not show the time. So many people have come to rely on their cell phone as a clock.

I actually use my cell phone as an alarm clock. Last night I slept through my treo alarm and woke up at 10 today. Aparantly it does not contnue until answered. I really need an alarm clock application for my treo.

Originally posted by PCMusician
    I seem to have everything working OK (web access, mail works, phone and voice command work) but still show the time when I open the lid. What would cause the time to be replaced with the user name ? All of my provisioning wen't well with no errors. I don't mind doing a hard reset and redoing it but Ididn't know the lack of username (remember we are talking about the phone app in the treo right ?) was an still an issue.
    Sully
    Boston, MA
    Treo 650 and 700
    Former Treo 300 and 600 Owner
    Big Clock is freeware and is the best alarm/stopwatch/clock program period (IMHO). You can play with the alarms on that to bug you every minute until you drag your **** out of bed. I inadvertently turned off the sounds using the button on the top of the Treo and slept an extra 30 min yesterday. Oh well....at least it wasn't 4 extra hours!
    I have Big Clock programmed for the mail button so I can get the time easily without opening the lid. The numbers are huge so it is very easy to read. In some ways, I miss the top display on the Samsung I300. It was very easy to use as a clock unless you were stuck in an analog area.
    Cesium has really 'annoying' and penetrating wake up alarms. I highly recommend it for deep sleepers. I tried it on the 300 - it works well.

http://www.seanet.com/~aball/
    My recurring appointment to get up works fine but I'll check out Big Clock if I need it. I still wonder if having the time show up in the phone app above the speed dial buttons on the treo presents any sort of problem. If I need a username instead of the time, I'll look at my watch.
  9.    #9  
    I seem to have everything working OK (web access, mail works, phone and voice command work) but still show the time when I open the lid
    Same here. My question: if everything seems to work except name in phone app, do I really have a problem or not?