1.    #1  
    Is there a way to change the default dial page to the keypad instead of the quick buttons on the Treo 300? I'd like that to come up when I flip the phone open.

Sorry if it's obvious or posted elsewhere easy to find - I couldn't find it.
    It is not obvious but the answer is posted all over these forums. Go find and install Buttons-T or Treo buttons to be able to reassign functions of the buttons and lid.
  3.    #3  
    I got buttons-t, but I don't see a way to change the default for opening the lid to the dial pad. I can change the default to any app, but it's not apparent how to make it the keypad instead of the quickdial.
    It took me a little while and some trial and error with both TreoButton and Buttons-T, and I found a solution that was acceptable for me. Installing Buttons-T, I changed the default action on lid open to NONE. So anytime I open the Treo it will take me back to the last spot I left it. So if I last used the dial pad, it will show me the dial pad...(or apps, calendar, etc.) Here's where you can download the freeware. Not perfect, but a hell of a lot better than that annoying speed dial list popping up everytime I want to use my Treo.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...m?prodID=40595
    sexygogoboy
    I can change the default to any app, but it's not apparent how to make it the keypad instead of the quickdial.
    Its not apparent how to do it because you can't. You hit the nail on the head; treobutton et al will allow you to change the app, but not which page on the app.