1.    #1  
    So I started this ride last Friday and I can finally say that overall, I'm happy with the Treo 300; however, I do have some gripes (which I'm hoping someone can help me with). I know some of these issues have been documented, but in no particular order:

1. No email attachment viewing! I'm really disappointed about this. Is there any workaround? Will someone, someday come up with a third-party app to fix it? I hope so.
    2. There's no email or sms notification icon. What's up with that? Seems easy to do. If I miss the alert sound, I have to manually check -- annoying.
    3. Blazer is not ready for prime time. It's got potential but it seems to crap out more often than not.
    4. No SMS sending! That's just unacceptable.
    5. No html email. OK, not critical, but still would be nice so I could follow links.
    6. Sprint Business Connection Personal Edition doesn't work for messagin without Exchange/Notes. Hey Sprint, it's called "Personal Edition" not "Corporate." I don't get it.
    7. There's no push email from POP3 accounts. You have to manually log into Business Connection to read your POP mail. My workaround is to selectively pull my home attbi email into my work account (using Outlook), but that's problematic, of course, because no one wants all their personal email on their work servers.
    8. Minor point, but there's no way, it seems, to keep the default "Applications" view to "list." In other words, I have my Applications show up when I open the lid, but I can't get it to show in "list" format automatically, even though it says it's supposed to under the preferences.
    9. Half the Sprint web applications (using Blazer) don't work or are outdated -- lame. I'm paying a lot of money for this thing and Sprint is slacking on lining up developers/sites.

OK, I feel better. Other than those things, I love the device and service. ~dave
    Welcome aboard Dave.

I'm a 270 user, but here goes.

1. There are third party email programs that handle attachments. multimail , iambic , and dataviz mail .

2. Can't help.

3. Blazer is fine for me, but there are other browsers. Do a search on this site. you will find them.

4. this is sprints problem.

5. See some of the above email clients.

6. If it hasn't gone out of business, look into basejet or ailoron .

7. see 6.

8. dude, do yourself a favor get treobutton or buttons -t .

9. can't help.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info. A couple of clarifications:

1. The third-party mail apps are fine for attachments but I was talking about the email client (for PCS Business Connection). I don't think it's possible to use another client for that service. Am I wrong?
    3. I know about the other browser but here's to hoping Blazer gets better.
    5-7. Again, all refering to the limitations (proprietary nature?) of PCS Business Connection and email.
    8. I have Buttons-T, but it still doesn't work right. When you assign the "Applications" app to appear when you open the lid, it defaults to "icon" view, even though I told it to view as "list." Maybe it's a bug, I don't know.

Thanks again. ~dave
    I thought the PDF manual said they do translations of common types, such as MSOffice documents...
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Iggie
    I thought the PDF manual said they do translations of common types, such as MSOffice documents...
    You can view Office docs on the desktop (using the PCS Biz portal) but not on the handheld.
    Originally posted by MobileDave

You can view Office docs on the desktop (using the PCS Biz portal) but not on the handheld.
    P'raps with Blazer? I have read my email via BC+Blazer when the BC client was "misbehaving". Certainly a hack, but sometimes a hack does the job ok.
    Originally posted by Iggie
    Sure, on a Pocket PC
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    All mail systems Multimail, etc seem to state the need to HOT SYNC???? to convert attachmnets. I want to read my e-mail on the road why??? the HOT SYNC need
    You need to hotsyvn the apps that you need to convert and view the attachments. The Palm OS does not natively support .doc, .pdf and other types of attachments that are sent via e-mail.

Originally posted by veroi
    All mail systems Multimail, etc seem to state the need to HOT SYNC???? to convert attachmnets. I want to read my e-mail on the road why??? the HOT SYNC need