1.    #1  
    What I'm seeing in Atlanta are both the published Nation-wide Vision rate plans that you see when you go to the SPCS web site as well as in the PCS Service Plans Guide you get at the store plus two introductory plans on a separate store flyer.

The two introductory plans are:

2000 anytime minutes plus 2 MB for $89.99/mo.
    2500 anytime minutes plus 2 MB for $109.99/mo.

Additionally, you can add 2000 Night and Weekend minutes for $10.00/mo. Also, 2000 PCS to PCS minutes for $10.00/mo. And a second PCS phone can be added for no additional charge. A two-year agreement is required.

Also, the small print indicates that these plans are available for the same price if you purchase a PCS Wireless Web phone (the old WAP ones) and include PCS Wireless Web service. Additionally, the plans are also available for voice-only customers for $10.00 less per month.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I am thinking of the 2000 anytime minute plan as well, however, for $30 additional, they will upgrade you to 20MB/month. Given how slow the network is currently moving, I don't plan on signing up 'till their are major improvements, but since the three month free offer is good till 11/3, I am still hopefull we can see 50-70 kbs by then
  3.    #3  
    Almost forgot to mention the other two introductory plans in Atlanta:

500 anytime minutes, 4000 Night and Weekend for $44.99/mo.
    800 anytime minutes, 5200 Night and Weekend for $59.99/mo.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by paz5559
    I am thinking of the 2000 anytime minute plan as well, however, for $30 additional, they will upgrade you to 20MB/month. Given how slow the network is currently moving, I don't plan on signing up 'till their are major improvements, but since the three month free offer is good till 11/3, I am still hopefull we can see 50-70 kbs by then
    Totally agree. The 2000 minute plus 2MB with an additional 18MB layered on top bringing the total monthly cost to $119.99 is what I am also thinking of as a business user.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by paz5559
    In terms of speed, I spent some time talking with the SPCS store manager in the suburb of Atlanta where I live and we looked at a laptop with the Vision PCMCIA card in it and the throughput here was in the 50kbs range.
    The 'nationwide' 2000 Anytime minute plan, plus 2Mb for $89 is $99 a month in Cleveland, OH. No matter how hard I argued, and how many people I talked to! What a load of malarky.

So my 300 arrived yesterday, spent over 3 hours on the phone last night trying to get it provisioned. Woke up this morning and it doesn't work - the official load of $%^& that customer service is telling me this morning is that provisioning takes up to 48 hours!

Dunc
    Mine took about 24 hours. Seems to work fine now.
    My provisioning took about two days....I woke up on Wednesday and it was connected.

I love the phone and I love the Treomail......the web is still iffy.

Is it true that Palm web clipping apps don't work?

I have to call Sprint today to finalize a plan and get as much data as possible. It would be great if it were free for three months...but it sounds too good to be true.

Jim Zurer
    Washington DC
    This may be a silly question, but I haven't seen it addressed elsewhere: When using the Treo for data, does it count against the minutes in your plan? For example, if I download a 60k email for 2 minutes in the middle of the day, have I just used 2 anytime minutes PLUS using 60k from my 8meg data allotment?
    Originally posted by catoite
    This may be a silly question, but I haven't seen it addressed elsewhere: When using the Treo for data, does it count against the minutes in your plan? For example, if I download a 60k email for 2 minutes in the middle of the day, have I just used 2 anytime minutes PLUS using 60k from my 8meg data allotment?
    No.
    According to two customer service reps, Sprint will not be charging for data for the first three months of PCS Vision service. The reps--Tonya and Jules--both hedged a bit when I asked if it mattered how much data you used during the trial period, but they were sure that the plan was not to charge.

Has anyone else gotten anything definitive on the issue?

Jim Zurer
    Washington DC
    Sprint is so F$%^ed up! When I got my Treo I argued and argued with Sprint trying to get the 2000 anytime minute plan for $89.99 - they insisted the only comparable plan in Cleveland OH was a $99.99 plan, so I caved in and got it. Today, on their website the banner says 2000 minutes, nationwide, for $89.99! I called them up and they said, "we market the plan as $99.99 but you'll only get billed for $89.99, because we'll give you a credit for the next 24 months". Is that crazy or what? Who knows what my bill will say when it comes this month... Just can't believe a company would bend over backwards to tell a customer they can't have what they want, but then give it to them without even telling them.

Dunc
    Pittsburgh, like Cleveland, must be one of those test markets where all of the Vision plans cost$10 more. I imagine that when everything irons out, there will be consistent pricing throughout the country. I am paying $149.99 for 2000 anytime mins plus 20 megs of data on 3 phones. It would be $10 cheaper in Atlanta.
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by Brooose
    Pittsburgh, like Cleveland, must be one of those test markets where all of the Vision plans cost$10 more. I imagine that when everything irons out, there will be consistent pricing throughout the country. I am paying $149.99 for 2000 anytime mins plus 20 megs of data on 3 phones. It would be $10 cheaper in Atlanta.
    In the fine print on the PCS Service Plans Guide, it states "Introductory pricing not available in the Phoenix, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, St. Louis or Las Vegas markets." Apparently, SPCS feels they either have a competitive advantage in these markets, hence, they don't have to offer the same prices or as you indicate they are testing a higher price point.
    Got my bill and they billed me for $99, so I'm back on the phone. I've been on for an hour, and I've been transferred to 3 different reps. The Sprint PCS website says nationwide 2000 Anytime minutes + 2 Mb of data for $89.99 / month. Apparently the plan does not exist in the CSR's online system. Can you believe that? So the guy I'm talking to now is issueing me a $10 credit and hardcoding the plan details on to my account - as if I had some custom plan. He's a nice guy, he says marketing is nuts - they don't tell the reps anything.

Dunc