Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Yeah. But the dreaded SRCP error was such a pain to deal with. Plus it ran like OS 4.1 or something.
    I loved the Kyocera 7135 - it was a tank, and was an awesome integration of phone/PDA. 'twas the SRCP that sent me into the land of 700p. I am very happy with the new features that the 700p offers, but do still miss some things from the 7135

Things I like about the 700p that the 7135 didn't have:
    • faster processor
    • EVDO
    • bluetooth
    • google maps
    • Palm OS 5
    • Blazer (much better web browsing experience)
    • Kinoma
    • 4-way nav - mostly stylus-free operation (7135 only had 2-way)
    • built-in camera

Things I miss about the 7135:
    • flip
    • top display
    • free (slow) internet
    • built-in voice dial
    • voice answer (nothing exists for the treo to my knowledge)
    • the way you could chuck the thing against a wall, and nothing would happen - the SD card wouldn't even come out. I haven't chucked my 700p against a wall yet, but the case is already coming apart anyway.
    • the built-in "dial a phone number from selected text" feature
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    I loved the Kyocera 7135 - it was a tank, and was an awesome integration of phone/PDA. 'twas the SRCP that sent me into the land of 700p. I am very happy with the new features that the 700p offers, but do still miss some things from the 7135

• faster processor
    • EVDO
    • bluetooth
    • google maps
    • Palm OS 5
    • Kinoma
    • built-in camera

• flip
    • top display
    • free (slow) internet
    • built-in voice dial
    • the way you could chuck the thing against a wall, and nothing would happen - the SD card wouldn't even come out. I haven't chucked my 700p against a wall yet, but the case is already coming apart anyway.

Ditto, amen, me too and all that chyt.

I LOVED the rubber "door" on top of the SD card slot. I miss that nearly as bad as I miss the phone app. The text that you mention was my favorite feature.

Like you I miss the voice answer (there was nothing cooler than hearing "you have a call" with that sexy womans voice while it was on silent.) As well as the voice dial. (both built in)

I couldnt live without my BT now tho. Ive got it set up with SAG and my workouts are so much easier to handle without wires!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post

• faster processor
    • EVDO
    • bluetooth
    • google maps
    • Palm OS 5
    • Kinoma
    • built-in camera

• flip
    • top display
    • free (slow) internet
    • built-in voice dial
    Now you're making me miss my 7135. I just sold it two weeks ago on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220117144150

But, I think I'll get it back because the buyer is having trouble with Verizon. They won't activate a phone without E911. I've already refunded his money but he's going to try other options for awhile. What I loved most about this phone when I had it was being able to hook up my laptop and connect through dial-up (not as good as the 755 with PdaNet) and I LOVED the ability to fax from my laptop or phone. I did always carry a spare battery because they didn't last long.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    OMG I saw the Kyocera this afternoon in NJ. Someone was walking in a parking lot using the phone. Didn't know Verizon still allowed them on the network!!!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234