1.    #1  
    I bought my new Treo 5 days ago and I am being told that I cant get 3G internet until my next billing cycle with sprint. That means having the phone for nearly a week without internet. Ive been with sprint for years, so I know about their customer service. I called them 4 times to try and get an answer I liked. They ranged from "sorry it cant be done" twice, "it can be done on a prorated charge", "it can be done, with a 24 hr delay, then after the billing cycle there may be another 48 hr delay".

What gives? An established customer has to wait, but a new subscriber is up and going in minutes.

Just something to consider if your with sprint and thinking of switching. Dont switch right after your billing cycle
    That is bizarre really --

Not to rub salt......but I had just 10 minutes with CS rep yesterday on the phone, and one hour later was activated with 3G.

It's still not moving at great speeds, but I can't fathom why they must provision you differently......that it would take that long.....when they can "provision" a cell phone # it shouldn't seem to matter whether it's a transferred #, or a new #
    You can get it between billing cycles. But you will get a whole bunch of charges on one cycle, and get a refund on the next. You also may not be able to check your current usage. until the new cycle

My CSR initially said I won't get it until the next billing cycle. I said I want to do it intracycle, and insisted.

There's also a high liklihood that some charges may get screwed up. Look over the next two bills very closely.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I have changed plans both ways. Sprint CSR's attempt to steer you toward changes only at the end of your billing cycle because, as previously stated, the pro-rated nature of the charges are entirely unintelligable to the uninitiated. However, it absolutely can be done, and the CSR is either a moron or lazy if they tell you otherwise. It is EASIER to do it at the end of the cycle -- impossible? NO
    Well that explains why I was told it would take 24 hours to provision my phone. I couldn't understand why everyone else on here seemed to get provisioned much more quickly. Ironically, I am at the end of my billing cycle today, but, since I started the process yesterday, I'll probably still get prorated charges.