Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by paz5559
    No, actually, you are still mistaken

they will charge you $119, and then credit your account $40, so your net amount for the first three months will be the $79.99

Given that you misunderstood this aspect of the billing, I don't think it is unreasonable to assume you might have also misunderstood the "free" vs "unlimited" data
    Your comment would mean that the Sprint rep stated everything correctly and I derived a different understanding of what he said. Members of this forum that work for Sprint state the reps need additional training and other members of this forum have been quoted a variety of things from a variety of reps. If you are implying that the rep could not have provided incorrect information I would have to laugh a bit.

I don't think I misunderstood what he said, I think he misunderstood what he was supposed to say. I have his name and extension, and I'll give him a call tomorrow provided I have time. I have a week to bail out of the agreement and may do that if the plan has been seriously misrepresented. I'll just ask him to play back the tape.

Their web site site (my account page) shows my plan as $79 and I'm supposed to get 3 months of 40 dollar credits. There is some room for confusion but consider a system that gives to an account password, a vision password, and a business connection password and tell me they don't have a few tangled hairs on their end.
    Given that you misunderstood this aspect of the billing, I don't think it is unreasonable to assume you might have also misunderstood the "free" vs "unlimited" data
    Hmm. How about:
    Customer: So, do you mean I have unlimited access to data
    CRS: Yes, its unlimited for three months
    Customer: So no matter how much data I use, I won't be charged
    CRS: Thats right
    Customer: So I have a 2Mbyte plan, but for the first three months if i use 40 mbytes I won't pay any more than $89.99
    CSR: Well, of course as long as you don't go over your anytime minutes
    Customer: So no matter how much data I use, I won't be charged for data?
    CSR: Yes

What did I misunderstand in that discussion?

I don't think I misunderstood what he said, I think he misunderstood what he was supposed to say.
    I do beleive thats quite possible. The concept of "free" and "unlimited" may be lost on some people.

Of course, I do wonder why I'm paying $89.99 , when others are paying $79.99.
  3.    #23  
    I'm also paying $89.99, but they aren't charging me for shared minutes between three phones. I thought that was one hell of a deal.
    Originally posted by work_permit

Hmm. How about:
    Customer: So, do you mean I have unlimited access to data
    CRS: Yes, its unlimited for three months
    Customer: So no matter how much data I use, I won't be charged
    CRS: Thats right
    Customer: So I have a 2Mbyte plan, but for the first three months if i use 40 mbytes I won't pay any more than $89.99
    CSR: Well, of course as long as you don't go over your anytime minutes
    Customer: So no matter how much data I use, I won't be charged for data?
    CSR: Yes

What did I misunderstand in that discussion?

I do beleive thats quite possible. The concept of "free" and "unlimited" may be lost on some people.

Of course, I do wonder why I'm paying $89.99 , when others are paying $79.99.
    That's pretty much how my conversation went

I wonder if we are quickly becoming experts on what they sell, and waiting for them to catch up to our level of expert knowledge.
    My apologies to all sprint CS reps I have maligned in this forum. They were right every time. I do have unlimited data access for three months.

The following is an email response from sprint:

This is in response to your inquiry regarding Sprint PCS Vision service.

Upon review of your account, I noticed that your current service plan is $89.99 plan for 2000 Anytime minutes and 2MB data. Under a promotional offer, Sprint PCS Vision service is free for three billing cycles. You can access unlimited data during this period without being charged overage for the data accessed. However, you will continue to be charged voice minute overage for extra minutes used.

You will have an opportunity to change your plans at the end of the three months promotional period.

Thank you for contacting Sprint PCS.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12