1.    #1  
    So, I was testing out Track2TimeIt software today on my Visor Pro ... big mistake. While I cannot know for sure that the nuclear holocaust which followed was directly related to this software, it occurred while I was using it. Out of the blue, the Palm OS splash screen you get on soft reset just started flashing constantly. The only way to stop it was a hard reset.

When the dust settled, Launcher III, TealMaster, Track2TimeIt, several Mapopolis map files, and a few other programs had been disintegrated ... gone. What was left of Launcher III was a file called "LauncherIII ToBeDeleted" and the "LauncherIIIDB". Also, some version of the Palm 2.x launcher showed up and I cannot get rid of it yet.

Interestingly, many of the programs stored on my Memplug (CF) for which I had created a stub or Shortcut in Launcher III were listed and I could launch them. Not all, though.

Anyone have any ideas how to get out of this mess and back to "normal?"
    MANY BLESSINGS!
    Peace and Every Good!

Michael W. Cristiani
    mcristia@fuse.net
    None whatsoever!
    Nevertheless good to hear from you again!
    Did Track2TimeIt use a db?
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Hi,
    There is a program included with Launcher III to deactivate it before deleting otherwise the really "old" application manager shows up. I believe you need to reinstall Launcher III and your "normal" application manager will come back. I don't have the manual here but I believe this situation is covered.

Let me know if you can't find the instructions and I will try to look it up later.

Brian
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the help on Launcher III. What I ended up doing was restoring from my 16MB HS Backup Module. Unfortunately, the backup was about a week or more old (my "bad"), but it did not have Track2TimeIt or some other possible offenders on it, so I am good that way.

Track2TimeIt builds its own Dbs, I think, and permits exporting of data.

There are several programs out there that try to do what I am looking for, but each has something squirrelly about it that puts it in the "No" pile. What I really want is something that uses the built in Databases (both to read from and write to), allows exporting for use in Excel or Access, and has some graphic representation capabilities like Gantt charts, etc. Unfortunately, I cannot use the ones that interface with/require MS-Project or Quickbooks Pro, etc.

After I get everything squared away re: Launcher III, etc., I am going to be testing a promising /ThinkDB/TinyBytes solution.
    MANY BLESSINGS!
    Peace and Every Good!

Michael W. Cristiani
    mcristia@fuse.net
    Originally posted by mcristia
    When the dust settled, Launcher III, TealMaster, Track2TimeIt, several Mapopolis map files, and a few other programs had been disintegrated ... gone. What was left of Launcher III was a file called "LauncherIII ToBeDeleted" and the "LauncherIIIDB". Also, some version of the Palm 2.x launcher showed up and I cannot get rid of it yet.
    FYI

Note that in most circumstances, HotSync Manager does not back up third-party applications; only the data that belongs to third-party apps. This usually requires the installation of several .PRC files (or restoring from a backup card). You can use a utility like Filez to set the backup bit on all your files, or you can use a desktop program like Backup Buddy to make sure everything is backed up during a hotsync.