Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    do all Treo's have a bright spot in the top right corner of the screen or do I just have a bad screen. Thanks and glad to find this forum.
    My screen is brighter in the top right corner but it is not a "spot".
    Same here. I think it's just the backlight or something.
    It's just the way the backlight works on Treos. The white LED seems to be in the top right corner. They all have a slightly brighter top right corner.

It is a bit like the buzz on all grayscale backlights (the very subtle noise that all grayscale backlights make - you can hear it in a very quiet place). You notice it once and then ignore it forever.
    Originally posted by meta_dave
    It's just the way the backlight works on Treos. The white LED seems to be in the top right corner. They all have a slightly brighter top right corner.

It is a bit like the buzz on all grayscale backlights (the very subtle noise that all grayscale backlights make - you can hear it in a very quiet place). You notice it once and then ignore it forever.
    Same here. Just the way the backlights are. Nothing wrong with yours.

Here are my observations:

I have found an inconsistency with the treo 300 units. I am on my second unit now because my first one had a bad speaker. My second treo I have found to be very different than the first. The screen is not as bright as the first. There seems to be a yellowish tint. The first unit was crisp, clear, bright and white!! Also, the second unit's keyboard has a problem with the backlighting. Some of the letters don't light up!! Also, the first unit's flip was loose and flimsy. Definitely not as tight as the second unit. (Maybe I am too picky!! But for the price, I have to be.)

I am going back to compusa tonight to get my third unit. Hopefully this will be the last one. I will let you know how it is.