1.    #1  
    Originally posted by Bobacus
    Doctorc- Reason 3g seems slower (right now) compared to 2g is 3 reasons.

1. 2g used a WAP based browser and you could only view certain sites.

2. More data is being thrown around on 3g (your'e gonna get 50-60kps min or as high as 100kps.)

3. Location. Location . LOCATION! It's a wireless signal folks. Does you wireless phone at home always give you a crisp signal?

BTW: If someone wants to start a faq thread and I would respond to what I can, I think it would be easier.
    To address your reasons for the apparant slowness and see if we can resolve them:

I have the latest version of Blazer downloaded from the Sprint site Version 2.1.1s2 Build31 on my 3G phone. Does Sprint consider this WAP based ? I assume now that we can view most sites, yes we are getting more data but we expect it and pay for it.

It just took me a couple of seconds to get a littl over 1.2KB for a Yahoo Finance update. That's a long way from 50-60KBS. If we have full reception (all bars) and we still get 1.2KBS, is something wrong ?
    Originally posted by PCMusician

To address your reasons for the apparant slowness and see if we can resolve them:

I have the latest version of Blazer downloaded from the Sprint site Version 2.1.1s2 Build31 on my 3G phone. Does Sprint consider this WAP based ? I assume now that we can view most sites, yes we are getting more data but we expect it and pay for it.

It just took me a couple of seconds to get a littl over 1.2KB for a Yahoo Finance update. That's a long way from 50-60KBS. If we have full reception (all bars) and we still get 1.2KBS, is something wrong ?
    I echo this question -- I have full bars, and all times of the day that I've tested my speeds, I get about 1k byte per second. This is a far cry from the 5 to 7 kbytes we should expect.
    Originally posted by doctorc

I echo this question -- I have full bars, and all times of the day that I've tested my speeds, I get about 1k byte per second. This is a far cry from the 5 to 7 kbytes we should expect.

Add me to the list too... very slow connection. At best, 2G speeds.
    Roger