5200 NIGHT AND WEEKEND MINUTES
    NIGHTS: M-TH 9PM-7AM WKND: F 9PM-M 7AM
    8 MB OF PCS VISION
    8 MB = 8192 KB
    DATA IS NOT SHARED
    CALLER ID, CALL WAITING
    THREE-WAY CALLING
    VOICEMAIL

this is a great plan, which isn't listed anywhere that I saw.... I was getting 500 anytime and 4500 NW, 8MB data on my previous plan for the same price.... this plan did require a 2 year agreement instead of a one year agreement........ although its still $150 to break either the 1 year or 2 year deal....

the only similar deal on sprints website is 750/5750/8MB for $84.99 per month.....
    Originally posted by Fikse
    Thanks to ijablokov I switched my plan to:

$69.99 PCS FREE & CLEAR WITH VISION
    MINUTES ARE SHARED ON THIS PLAN
    ALL MINUTES INCLUDE LONG DISTANCE
    800 ANYTIME MINUTES
    5200 NIGHT AND WEEKEND MINUTES
    NIGHTS: M-TH 9PM-7AM WKND: F 9PM-M 7AM
    8 MB OF PCS VISION
    8 MB = 8192 KB
    DATA IS NOT SHARED
    CALLER ID, CALL WAITING
    THREE-WAY CALLING
    VOICEMAIL

this is a great plan, which isn't listed anywhere that I saw.... I was getting 500 anytime and 4500 NW, 8MB data on my previous plan for the same price.... this plan did require a 2 year agreement instead of a one year agreement........ although its still $150 to break either the 1 year or 2 year deal....

the only similar deal on sprints website is 750/5750/8MB for $84.99 per month.....
    As I have been stating... Sprint PCS is not telling you up front that you are going to be charged another $20 to add that second phone. There is no info on the site about it, and their pricing plans do not reflect this "hidden" $20 extra charge.

It is EXTREMELY deceptive in my opinion, and I'm sure once people start getting their bills and complaining to Sprint they'll pawn it off as "well sorry we weren't properly trained this is all new to us, our web site hadn't been updated etc."

This plan is going to cost you $89.99 not $69.99. Call SPCS to confirm. Talk to a couple of different people. Specifically ask them if there is an extra charge for adding a phone.
    PCS VOICE COMMAND
    PCS BUSINESS CONNECTION

included in my plan.....
    The $69 one includes voice command, not sure about BC...
    OK, I just got off the phone with a SPCS support person and got all the REAL FACTS.

First, all PCS Vision plans include PCS VOICE COMMAND and PCS BUSINESS CONNECTION standard. So no matter what plan you get you have those. Even people with a regular non-Vision Sprint PCS plan have Voice Command.

Regarding the much heralded $69.99 plan mentioned above, it IS NOT AN ADD A PHONE PLAN. That means you have to pay an extra $20 for an additional phone. There are "Add a phone" plans that have a monthly rate and you don't pay the extra $20 fee, but the $69.99 plan IS NOT one of them.

For anyone wanting a similar plan as the $69.99 plan but more bandwidth, there is an $89.99 plan (800 ANYTIME MINUTES, 5200 NIGHT AND WEEKEND MINUTES & 20MB). It requires a 2 year commitment and IS NOT AN ADD A PHONE PLAN. So it will cost you $109.99 if you added a 2nd phone.

There is one "Add a phone" plan that sounded good. For $99.99 you can get 2000 Anytime minutes and 8MB. So if you are on the $69.99 plan and have a 2nd phone you will be charged a $20 add a phone fee and may want to consider paying another $10 and just have the $99.99 plan sharing 2000 anytime minutes .

All the plans I mentioned have a 2 year commitment.

Hope this helps everyone.
    Thx for the info, I'll have to give them a call... But I think our aural comprehension is similar to yours, it just seems that facts are transient elements for Sprint reps.
    Originally posted by ijablokov
    But I think our aural comprehension is similar to yours, it just seems that facts are transient elements for Sprint reps.
    Correct. It's the Sprint reps that are making this difficult.

It's easier to get the information you need from them when you already read these forums and got all your questions together ahead of time . I had that benefit when I called . So it's like the last person calling will always get the most information, because they learned from everyone else.

Web forums are great . Can you imagine how badly we all were getting screwed before it was so easy to share information ?
    Originally posted by darnell
    OK, I just got off the phone with a SPCS support person and got all the REAL FACTS.

First, all PCS Vision plans include PCS VOICE COMMAND and PCS BUSINESS CONNECTION standard. So no matter what plan you get you have those. Even people with a regular non-Vision Sprint PCS plan have Voice Command.

>>> ROFL, I have been told the exact OPPOSITE by SPCS -- that is, if you want Voice Command it's an extra $5 per month. I wonder what the "real" story is. Time will tell I guess.

Regarding the much heralded $69.99 plan mentioned above, it IS NOT AN ADD A PHONE PLAN. That means you have to pay an extra $20 for an additional phone. There are "Add a phone" plans that have a monthly rate and you don't pay the extra $20 fee, but the $69.99 plan IS NOT one of them.

>> Yes, this is what I have been saying as well.

For anyone wanting a similar plan as the $69.99 plan but more bandwidth, there is an $89.99 plan (800 ANYTIME MINUTES, 5200 NIGHT AND WEEKEND MINUTES & 20MB). It requires a 2 year commitment and IS NOT AN ADD A PHONE PLAN. So it will cost you $109.99 if you added a 2nd phone.

>> Actually, when I signed up for this (I had this plan for 2 days) it was $69.99 base price PLUS $20 to add a phone (which of course did not show up on the My Plan page nor was reflected anywhere in the price). If you sign up for this plan it's $69.99 plus $20 = $89.99. Again, massive confusion thanks to SPCS reps. Doh!

There is one "Add a phone" plan that sounded good. For $99.99 you can get 2000 Anytime minutes and 8MB. So if you are on the $69.99 plan and have a 2nd phone you will be charged a $20 add a phone fee and may want to consider paying another $10 and just have the $99.99 plan sharing 2000 anytime minutes .

All the plans I mentioned have a 2 year commitment.

>> Let's all keep posting what we hear from SPCS reps here. Maybe in a month or so we can figure out what the ACTUAL pricing plans are. Seems like they change based on who you talk to / what day of the week it is. Thanks for posting, this info is helpful, if not adding more info / confusion to the mix, but perhaps we can all figure this out together. We can only believe (or disbelieve) what SPCS tells us. It's really pretty sad when you think about this. A company is selling us a service and they have no idea what it costs, nor do they really truly have any idea what the service is they are selling us.

Hope this helps everyone.
    I just went through the process with Customer Service and I would like to post my experience on some of the topics that I have read to date. First of all, I would like to thank you all for your posts and work with Sprintt up a snap.

I called cust service and got a rep very quickly, no waiting. This rep said it was only the second phone which he had activated. We discussed the plans in great length and he said the plan that has been posted here (800/5200) was $59.99 as a base with data being $10/20/40 for 2/8/20 MB. He stated this was an area calling plan (great for those who do not roam) with $.50 per minute on roaming. No I did not ask on data roaming.

I ended up going with a 2000 anytime plan with 20 MB to start. It requires a 2 yr commitment. I was told later that I can change to a 1 yr plan with no penalty. I started with the 20 MB since I was told the free data is only what you sign up for and not unlimited. After 3 mo, I will drop to 8 MB and maybe change voice plans once I have my usage down.

I added sprint long distance at home since I use my cell for all long distance it does not matter. This allowed me free activation (normally $35), 15 minutes long distance free per month (good for faxing), no monthly service on long distance, and a $20 refund on my second month's bill.

On the subject of a second phone, I was told that the second phone was added free. Each phone after that is $20 per phone up to 5. This is true for all vision plans of any price. The phone share minutes, but not data. That is actually GREAT! because a second phone would get it's own data MB to match all for the $20 (or free in the case of phone #2). So if you have 20 MB on the plan, all the phones get their own 20 MB (normaly $40) for only $20 per phone.

I was told that the phone and web would set up (provision) within two hours. I was told that I could shut off the phone as they can access the phone while it is off (I am not sure I believe this). About 5 minutes after I got off the phone, I got a message saying my network settings had changed, do I want to update, I said yes. The phone just took over and updated (provisioned) by itself (about 5 minutes).

I was immediately able to go on the internet and download very quickly. I have not done any time studies, but I have used 9600 connections in the past and this was much faster even with the pictures!!! So I am satisfied with the speed.

Next steps are synching outlook, setting up voicemail, SMS, vioce command, business connect, and remote access of my home network!

I know that not all of this information matches what others have experienced. I will let you know if I find any of it to be untue as I go forward. So far I am very happy with the service and ease of set up!

I am new to SMS, does anyone want to test SMS with me?
    Sully
    Boston, MA
    Treo 650 and 700
    Former Treo 300 and 600 Owner
    Well the confusion continues . We'll all know the truth a month or so from now .

I've been doing some checking myself.

And at this general PCS Vision plans page it shows the Business Connection comes with every Vision plan you can select. So that much has to be true and the answers are consistent.

But when it comes to VoiceCommand according to this Voice Command FAQ page that does normally cost $5 a month. Maybe Vision plan customers get it free or they told me wrong. Hey, just use the Speed Dialing feature on the Treo .
    I think it's all new to them and us, so there will be "growing pains." If they are going to sell these plans, they need to know how to explain them to their customers.

Anyway, I had my current free and clear plan and phone number transfered to my 300. There was no charges to do so. In about 3 weeks or so when the dust settles, I plan to switch plans to a free and clear with vision so I can use the 3g features.
    Well the confusion continues . We'll all know the truth a month or so from now .

I've been doing some checking myself.

And at this general PCS Vision plans page it shows the Business Connection comes with every Vision plan you can select. So that much has to be true and the answers are consistent.

But when it comes to VoiceCommand according to this Voice Command FAQ page that does normally cost $5 a month. Maybe Vision plan customers get it free or they told me wrong. Hey, just use the Speed Dialing feature on the Treo .
    Wow, I'm getting even more confused but I encourage everyone to keep sharing the info. The pricing plan the the user above listed is completely new to me, I've never heard of it.

I keep hearing more and more that the add a phone is free, so I am wondering if the two different SPCS reps I spoke to on Monday really knew what they are talking about? I can only hope it to be true -- I would love to only be paying $44.99 for my wireless bill.

As for the $5 extra for voice command -- I have also been told this by two other SPCS reps -- it's not free, it costs $5 per month.

Interesting though, if you go to your My Plan page -- there is (at least on my page) no way to add voice command any more. It does not appear as an option for me. Does this imply that it's "included" If so, way cool. ALso the treo 300 manual lists the procedure for SPCS voice command under Voice Dialing, and makes no mention of the fact that this feature costs extra money (not that it really means much).

Well, keep the posts coming folks, I'd love to know whether it's truly true or not whether you'll be charged for the add a phone.
    I think they just need to load everything into Claire (the virtual service representative). Maybe she can keep it all straight .
    Originally posted by doctorc

Hahaha, Ok to add even more to the confusion, check out what I just did.

Called *2 again. After talking to a SPCS rep who put me on hold for about 40 minutes to figure out what the pricing plans are, he came back with this info.

My current plan: 4000 N&W / 500 anytime / 2 megs
    $44.99 / month
    minutes shared
    nationwide long distance (not regional plan)
    2 megs

*THIS* plan WILL be charged $20 for the add a phone.
    (3rd SPCS rep who told me this, so now I'm 3 votes for Will charge $20 for add a phone and 2 votes for won't charge add a phone).

Then the SPCS rep put me on hold again, and said he might be able to find me a 'better deal'

After about 20 min he came back and said that this Plan:

$59.99
    4000 N&W / 500 anytime / 2 megs
    minutes shared
    nationwide long distance (not regional plan)
    8 megs

Does *NOT* charge the extra $20 for add a phone.

Thus, even though this is $15 more than the 44.99 per month it actually ends up being $5 cheaper because of no add a phone charge, and I also get more megs on top of that (not that I can use them all as 3g is so slowwwwww).

So, I'm not sure yet if this deal is for real or not, but in keeping with my "lets switch SPCS plans at least 3 times per day" theme, I figured what the heck and took it.

I specifically asked him 4 times, "ARE YOU SURE that there is NO CHARGE FOR ADD A PHONE" and he assured me yes all 4 times.

Thus, it appears, that for SOME plans, there is no charge for add a phone, but for others there is. So be aware of that and try to get the most straight answer you can when buying a plan. I'm going to cross post this to a couple of other threads so that others are aware of this.
    Holy cow, as a correction to this post, anothe 10 minutes on hold and the SPCS rep comes back to me and gives me the following info. He assures me this info is true and correct. Here is the "true" information according to SPCS Rep one Million that I have spoken to:

SPCS does *NOT* charge an add a phone fee for the FIRST phone that you add to your account -- AS LONG as you have MEGABYTES on your plan (any amount of megabytes).

They *DO* charge for the addition of any other phones beyond the first add a phone.

Now, the catch is, (and this is where many of you may get caught so I'd call back SPCS to be sure) that in order for you to NOT get charged for the first addd a phone, SPCS reps need to set it up a "special way" so that you are not billed for the add a phone on your first add a phone.

I had my account originally set up this way, but then an uninformed SPCS rep (oxymoron?) "un-setup" the account and put it back to the "old way" where you DO get charged a $20 add a phone fee.

I suspect that many SPCS reps are accidentally setting up add-a-phones in an incorrect way. Basically the "new" add a phone setup requires SPCS reps to set up the add-a-phone as if it were also a "primary" phone so that you don't get billed the add a phone fee for it. Most SPCS reps are probably setting up your add a phone as a 'secondary' phone so you will be billed the extra $20 for it.

Take home message: NO CHARGE for add a phone (up to 1 additional phone) as long as you have PCS Vision with Data.

BUT -- you need to absolutely be sure that the SPCS rep you are speaking with sets up your second add a phone in the correct way so that you are not charged for it. Many (including the guy I just spoke to) were not / are not aware of this and are probably setting up your second phones the wrong way.

I urge you to call back to double check that you are set up correctly, and to "share the knowledge" with your SPCS rep, so to speak.
    I think they just need to load everything into Claire (the virtual service representative). Maybe she can keep it all straight .
    Not to mention Claire is damn sexy! Ooooh that voice!
    On the subject of a second phone, I was told that the second phone was added free. Each phone after that is $20 per phone up to 5. This is true for all vision plans of any price. The phone share minutes, but not data. That is actually GREAT! because a second phone would get it's own data MB to match all for the $20 (or free in the case of phone #2).

Not sure if anyone has asked about this since this is all so confusing as it is, but ... If my second shared phone is a regular 2G phone, can I still use regular Wireless Web on that phone? Would I have to pay for the Wireless Web service (I think $10) per month in order to get this? Has anyone heard anything about this?

I often use that phone when traveling as a modem to download email onto my laptop. It is slow, but inexpensive since it just uses regular voice/wirelss web minutes, which my plan has plenty of.
    Last edited by the_chemist; 08/14/2002 at 04:11 PM.
    I called myself, the $69 800/5200/8mb/9pm is 2yr and is a national plan. BC, unlimited SMS, and VC is included. There is no charge for a second phone. At least these parameters are in effect for this hour, lol.
    ijablokov,

did you get the reps name and extension????

thx,
    nobull
    Nope, but they were in the national accts call center... I guess you're all thinking that we need to be creating a truth table/matrix for all sprint reps, lol.
    What a day! I ended up speaking to 4 CS reps and 2 Retention reps. Every one of them had a different story on the 2nd phone@no charge.

First one said yes, but only on 2000 minute plans & higher & that there are no add-a-phone retention plans. Second one said all plans are $20 for second phone. Period. Third one said Only 1 plan qualifies for add-a-phone at all, and it is 2000 minutes, and would still be $20 extra for the 2nd phone- minimum of $119/month. The next one told me there is no add-a-phone provision for plans that include data (so no add-a-phone on Vision plans). The next one, to his credit, spent a long time figuring out a way to give me the second phone at no charge, but it would not get any data, even though I paid for 20mb of data on the first phone. And I also had to sign up for more minutes than I needed, and Voice Connect was included on the add-a-phone, but $5 extra on the primary. Huh??.

The last (awesome) rep gave me the plan I wanted, and confirmed there was no charge for the first add-a-phone.

500AT/4000 NW (shared)
    20mb data (not shared) each phone gets 20mb
    BC- included
    ...and for some reason VC is NOT included, but I didn't want to push my luck.
    Total for two phones- $74.99

What an ordeal! The retention rep, with her manager on the phone, insisted that I could call as many times as I wanted, but I would hear the same thing as they are all working off the same rate sheet. All reps were friendly and helpful as long as the person on the other end was the same, just don't take what they say as "the final word."

Hope this is helpful to somebody, as I've received so much help here.

-Yelo