1.    #1  
    Ok, here's the only pamphlet I've seen with family plans mentioned. I've seen a number of posts where individuals are getting much better deals than these... Anyone have any documentation of the better deals, on paper, so that when the rest of us get our Treo 300's and call Sprint we can use that to our advantage???

Thx in advance,
    nobull
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally posted by nobull
    Ok, here's the only pamphlet I've seen with family plans mentioned. I've seen a number of posts where individuals are getting much better deals than these... Anyone have any documentation of the better deals, on paper, so that when the rest of us get our Treo 300's and call Sprint we can use that to our advantage???

Thx in advance,
    nobull
    Note that the cheapest family plan is $69.99. Some users believe that they are on shared minute plans with much better minutes than these, but the figure that Sprint is telling them over the phone, and the figure the the web site under "my plan" prints out are excluding the $20 extra charge for adding a second phone.

For example, I have 500 anytime, 4500 night and weekend 2 megs, for $44.99 according to SPCS CSRs and the web site. But some CSR tell me that I will be charged an extra $20 for the other phone.

I was formerly on the $69.99 plan that some users have posted here (800 anytime 5200 night and weekend 8 megs) but was then told it was actually $89.99 by two different Sprint CSR, even though the web site still said under the My Plan that it was only going to be $69.99.

There are some major inconsistencies at this point. I was given the "final word" (whether or not I believe it to be true is another story) from another SPCs rep who told me that ALL Shared minute plans will be charged an extra $20 for the other phone, UNLESS you are with the package that is $109.99 or higher.

The pamphlet you are showing there most likely has the extra $20 charge reflected in the pricing, but it's hard to say because sprint is really not specific about this.

FYI, the plans that some ppl on this forum are listing are requiring a 2 year contract vs the standard 1 year contract that sprint normally has. I was told by one spcs rep that you get more minutes when you do the 2 yr contract, thus, why I have 500 / 4500 / 2 megs for $44.99 ($64.99 after adding the second phone, if they actually indeed DO charge for the second phone).

Bottom line, as I have stated before, sprint CSRs, and the folks who put these pricing plans into action, are pretty clueless (or very poor communicators) and at this point nobody is going to know the real story until we get a nice surprise on our first bill.

I'm hoping the surprise will be in our favor, but something tells me Sprint is hiding some charges here and there. If I wasn't so busy I'd love to suggest that we all get together for a nice class action lawsuit -- Misrepresenting product (3g data speeds are nowhere near what they are advertised as being) Misrepresenting pricing plans, and excessive network down time / frustration for some of the new SPCS customers.

Of course, most fortune 500 companies do this kind of stuff all the time. It's pretty much accepted business practice I guess. Since most customers don't have the clout or a clue, the companies get away with this kind of stuff, and others blame it on 'any new technology is bound to have problems so the consumer should just be willing to accept that'
    The flyer I picked up at the Sprint store yesterday (in San Diego) had an $89.99 plan for 2 phones (it explicitly said no extra charge for the second phone) with 2000 anytime minutes + 2 MB for each phone. Once I get my Treo 300, I'll be switching to this plan. One thing that I'm also going to try to figure out is if I can get Wireless Web access for $5 so that I can use some of the minutes for low speed data access as I'll go over the 2 MB quickly if I hook my laptop up to it.
    Originally posted by sgruby
    The flyer I picked up at the Sprint store yesterday (in San Diego) had an $89.99 plan for 2 phones (it explicitly said no extra charge for the second phone) with 2000 anytime minutes + 2 MB for each phone. Once I get my Treo 300, I'll be switching to this plan. One thing that I'm also going to try to figure out is if I can get Wireless Web access for $5 so that I can use some of the minutes for low speed data access as I'll go over the 2 MB quickly if I hook my laptop up to it.
    For an extra $10 ($99.99) you can share 2000 anytime minutes + 8MB. Ask a SPCS rep, since this is not a printed offer, but they have it in their system and it's available to anyone.
    Originally posted by sgruby
    This is semi-deceptive marketing. SPCS doesn't really charge you an extra fee for the second phone on that plan, but if you look at othe plans, there is a $69.99 plan with 2000 anytime and 2 megs for ONE phone.... so, are they REALLY not charging you for the second phone? Seems a bit sneaky to me.
  6.    #6  
    From the flyer I attached, it says "share the minutes between two PCS phones and get access to PCS Vision on each phone" under the PCS Free & Clear Plans with Vision. So, I'm taking the $69.99, $79.99, $94.99, and $119.99 as two phones included. If you look at the PCS Free and Clear Plans, it says immediately underneath the heading: "Two phones share the minutes of these plans." I would assume that applied to those listed above as well. However, we all know Sprint... I'm just hoping to get the deal like doctorc 500 AT, 4500 NW, 2 (maybe 8 ;->) MB per line for $44.99 (or $64.99, even at that price it beats what I'm paying now...for less minutes).

nobull
    Originally posted by doctorc

Hahaha, Ok to add even more to the confusion, check out what I just did.

Called *2 again. After talking to a SPCS rep who put me on hold for about 40 minutes to figure out what the pricing plans are, he came back with this info.

My current plan: 4000 N&W / 500 anytime / 2 megs
    $44.99 / month
    minutes shared
    nationwide long distance (not regional plan)
    2 megs

*THIS* plan WILL be charged $20 for the add a phone.
    (3rd SPCS rep who told me this, so now I'm 3 votes for Will charge $20 for add a phone and 2 votes for won't charge add a phone).

Then the SPCS rep put me on hold again, and said he might be able to find me a 'better deal'

After about 20 min he came back and said that this Plan:

$59.99
    4000 N&W / 500 anytime / 2 megs
    minutes shared
    nationwide long distance (not regional plan)
    8 megs

Does *NOT* charge the extra $20 for add a phone.

Thus, even though this is $15 more than the 44.99 per month it actually ends up being $5 cheaper because of no add a phone charge, and I also get more megs on top of that (not that I can use them all as 3g is so slowwwwww).

So, I'm not sure yet if this deal is for real or not, but in keeping with my "lets switch SPCS plans at least 3 times per day" theme, I figured what the heck and took it.

I specifically asked him 4 times, "ARE YOU SURE that there is NO CHARGE FOR ADD A PHONE" and he assured me yes all 4 times.

Thus, it appears, that for SOME plans, there is no charge for add a phone, but for others there is. So be aware of that and try to get the most straight answer you can when buying a plan. I'm going to cross post this to a couple of other threads so that others are aware of this.
    Holy cow, as a correction to this post, anothe 10 minutes on hold and the SPCS rep comes back to me and gives me the following info. He assures me this info is true and correct. Here is the "true" information according to SPCS Rep one Million that I have spoken to:

SPCS does *NOT* charge an add a phone fee for the FIRST phone that you add to your account -- AS LONG as you have MEGABYTES on your plan (any amount of megabytes).

They *DO* charge for the addition of any other phones beyond the first add a phone.

Now, the catch is, (and this is where many of you may get caught so I'd call back SPCS to be sure) that in order for you to NOT get charged for the first addd a phone, SPCS reps need to set it up a "special way" so that you are not billed for the add a phone on your first add a phone.

I had my account originally set up this way, but then an uninformed SPCS rep (oxymoron?) "un-setup" the account and put it back to the "old way" where you DO get charged a $20 add a phone fee.

I suspect that many SPCS reps are accidentally setting up add-a-phones in an incorrect way. Basically the "new" add a phone setup requires SPCS reps to set up the add-a-phone as if it were also a "primary" phone so that you don't get billed the add a phone fee for it. Most SPCS reps are probably setting up your add a phone as a 'secondary' phone so you will be billed the extra $20 for it.

Take home message: NO CHARGE for add a phone (up to 1 additional phone) as long as you have PCS Vision with Data.

BUT -- you need to absolutely be sure that the SPCS rep you are speaking with sets up your second add a phone in the correct way so that you are not charged for it. Many (including the guy I just spoke to) were not / are not aware of this and are probably setting up your second phones the wrong way.

I urge you to call back to double check that you are set up correctly, and to "share the knowledge" with your SPCS rep, so to speak.