Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I am trying to send mail via Eudora, and I keep getting the same error.

    My settings are:
    outgoing: mail.bellsouth.net
    incoming: mail.bellsouth.net

    I get the follwing error:

    Address Errror
    An address has error:
    .net 022: Your current IP address is not allowed to relay aol.com
    Solution:
    Connect using Bellsouth Internet Service

    I ge this with all recipients, not just aol. Isn't there a way I can send mail when I am not using my ISP connection, ie. my Treo 300 Vision

    TIA
  2. #2  
    You can, but you are going to need a different SMTP (outgoing) mail server. BellSouth wont allow you to use theirs unless you are logged into their network (ie they act as your ISP).


    Originally posted by erokem
    I am trying to send mail via Eudora, and I keep getting the same error.

    My settings are:
    outgoing: mail.bellsouth.net
    incoming: mail.bellsouth.net

    I get the follwing error:

    Address Errror
    An address has error:
    .net 022: Your current IP address is not allowed to relay aol.com
    Solution:
    Connect using Bellsouth Internet Service

    I ge this with all recipients, not just aol. Isn't there a way I can send mail when I am not using my ISP connection, ie. my Treo 300 Vision

    TIA
  3.    #3  
    So, I can I get a another outgoing server? Who do I get it form?
  4. #4  
    Yes, you can use any mail server to send email. Perhaps you can find one online?

    Originally posted by erokem
    So, I can I get a another outgoing server? Who do I get it form?
  5. #5  
    Set up the SMTP authentication preferences in Eudora Mail. You cannot use an SMTP server when you have Internet access supplied by someone other than the SMTP server owner. It is an anti-SPAM measure to stop the SPAMmers (read scum of the earth) from using unsuspecting SMTP servers for their junk mail.

    Eudora and MultiMail pro support SMTP authentication.

    I advise you to read the Eudora Mail manual or have a look thru the prefs on Eudora to turn it on. You should then be able to send mail to the bellsouth SMTP server.
  6.    #6  
    I finally found out that even though, Eudora supports authentication...Bellsouth servers authernticate via IP address not login. So basically, I have to be signed on to a Bellsouth IP address. So, I guess my only option is to change ISP's, right? Can anyone suggest an ISP tha amy fulfill my needs, maybe Earthlink?
  7. #7  
    Checkout BudgetDialup.com. never used them but I hear that they are good and cheap...and supports Palm OS devices like the Treo.

    Originally posted by erokem
    I finally found out that even though, Eudora supports authentication...Bellsouth servers authernticate via IP address not login. So basically, I have to be signed on to a Bellsouth IP address. So, I guess my only option is to change ISP's, right? Can anyone suggest an ISP tha amy fulfill my needs, maybe Earthlink?
  8. #8  
    So, I guess my only option is to change ISP's, right? Can anyone suggest an ISP tha amy fulfill my needs, maybe Earthlink?
    erokem,

    You gave up too easily. There's gotta be away around this. I have bellsouth DSL and I would like to use the account that came with the service. I used to do this with BellAtlantic (Verizon) until they finally disconnected my account. Does anyone out there have a suggestion on how to make this work?
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by zosomagnus


    erokem,

    You gave up too easily. There's gotta be away around this. I have bellsouth DSL and I would like to use the account that came with the service. I used to do this with BellAtlantic (Verizon) until they finally disconnected my account. Does anyone out there have a suggestion on how to make this work?
    You cannot send through their servers unless you are using an internal IP. If you have bellsouth DSL, I'd set up Basejet on your computer since it's always connected. www.basejet.com
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by erokem
    So, I can I get a another outgoing server? Who do I get it form?
    Use sprintpcs's outbound server.

    server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    username: (your vision username)(without the @sprintpcs.com)
    password: (the sprint email password you setup online)
    reply to address: (your bell south username)@bellsouth.net
    David
  11. #11  
    While we're talking about basejet and Budget Dialup, I'm having problems getting the two to work with my 270. Since I don't have Sprint's smtp problem I wouldn't think I would have this problem.

    I can wirelessly receive email from my account but cannot send it wirelessly. When I try to, it connects and acts as if it has been sent but it never arrives at the destination. There are no errors recorded. The mail just vanishes.

    I'm using pop3.bdumail.com and smtp.bdumail.com in my settings. Can anyone help me?

    Thanks,

    Bob
    Last edited by Bob-C; 04/27/2003 at 09:48 AM.
  12. #12  
    i have tried using the sprintpcs servers to get mail and send mail and have not been success at either.

    i used the username with and without .sprintpcs.com and it still says bad username/password. i used my password with both upper and lowercase and even used my phone number@sprintpcs.com to double check username problems still no go. any solutions.

    BTW i am sending info using a free pop3 and smtp account. Its just that it seems a little slow

    try www.hotpop.com

    PPS dont forget any solutions on how to use the sprint servers instead.
  13. #13  
    If DRW could walk me through the outbound mail setup I would be grateful. I copied all the settings but cant find where they go. I have a Treo 300-sprint. I just dont know my way around enough to put in all these passwords, reply to address,etc. The only thing I can find is when I go OPTIONS, Accounts, and then tap on my username. My outgoing server is set as you say but where do I go from there to set it up for outgoing mail? Thanks.
  14. #14  
    I used Eudora for about a year. the setup for the smtp for Sprint:

    smtp.sprintpcs.com

    user name and password - the same that you use to log into your Sprint Internet account. The incoming POP3 can be any valid one - such as pop.sprintps.com - the sending from name or whatever it is called must also match your sprint user name - that's for spamming purposes. The reply to must also be your sprint email address.

    All entries except the POP3 must be valid Sprint entries - as noted above, such as smtp.sprintpcs.com and your user name/password - and again, the POP3 can be any valid entry.

    Ben
    -----------

    Originally posted by PFSCHAMPION
    i have tried using the sprintpcs servers to get mail and send mail and have not been success at either.

    i used the username with and without .sprintpcs.com and it still says bad username/password. i used my password with both upper and lowercase and even used my phone number@sprintpcs.com to double check username problems still no go. any solutions.

    BTW i am sending info using a free pop3 and smtp account. Its just that it seems a little slow

    try www.hotpop.com

    PPS dont forget any solutions on how to use the sprint servers instead.

Posting Permissions