1.    #1  
    I went to my local SprintPCS store and was surprised to find Treo sitting right up front, all powered on and ready for me to give it the once-over.

I hit the "home" key to check out the blazer speeds and was told that I needed to connect (just like with good old wireless web)... I said yes and it connected, then told me that I needed to provision the phone for data. This was fun, I thought, I get to go through setting up someone's phone and seeing how it works without it being MY phone in case it doesn't work.

So I said, yes, go ahead and provision for data... it worked for a while, went to a couple of different status screens then finally said: Can not provision phone for data because of server failure or dropped signal.

Not wanting to deal with the CSRs over lunch hour who were quite busy getting everyone to sign 2-year agreements (which is what I am begining to think this whole 3G system is designed to do), I placed the Treo back in it's cradle and walked away.

Just thought it would be fun to hear that they don't even have it up and running yet!

I went to the Sprint store on 1700 Market st . Philadelphia

and first time in my life I seen Treo 300 right in front of me .

IN THE CAGE !!!

I ask salesperson if I can touch and play with it .

The answer was NO ...

I been treated us a cheap bustard in that Sprint store !...

Not a big deal , actually . What can you get from people who

get paid , probably $10 in hour . Its just one more reason ,

why people hate Sprint . And its one more reason for me

to switch for Verizon's Thera .
    Hard to choose between
    Treo 300 and Toshiba 2032
    The Thera looks and feels way too clunky. I think the battery is lucky to get much over an hour.
    1700 Market st . Philadelphia
    That's right in the heart of the city in an area that suffers from a fair amount of crime. So it's not a surprise that such a high value item was locked away.

If I owned the store I might lock it away too. (Correction, I WOULD lock it away, you would not even see it.) And I'm sure Sprint is not the only store on that strip with a lock on high-value items. No fault on Sprint's part for that. Blame the criminals.

I brought my Treo on-line. I never got to hold it, just look at pictures. You got to atleast see a real one which is more than just a picture .
    The most important part of my phone is the speakerphone. I played with the treo 300 and compared the speaker to my Sanyo 4900. There was no comparison as it's just not loud enough. It also costs $300 more.

That said, it's got a keyboard which will make it to quickly check my ebay auctions and etc. I was also not able to connect to the web but the salesperson said the phone was not activated but I was able to make local calls with the phone.

My treo 300 is supposed to arrive in a few days but I honestly can't decide whether to keep it or get the Samsung N400.
    1700 Market st . Philadelphia
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's right in the heart of the city in an area that suffers from a fair amount of crime. So it's not a surprise that such a high value item was locked away.
    darnell
    .............................................................................

Intresting point of view you have , Darnell

In the same building , in Verizon , I play with Thera

almost for one hour . Very good salesperson know almost

everything , the rest I told him . Like DAY and NIGHT ,-

Sprint and Verizon , same building 1700 Market st . Phila
    Hard to choose between
    Treo 300 and Toshiba 2032