1.    #1  
    Has anyone gotten an answer from Sprint techs for WHEN the provisioning problem is going to be fixed? They told me last night that techs (contractors) were doing the trouble tickets one by one and will eventually get to mine....it's been 24 hours since the first and 48 hours since activation and it still does not work (data/web).

I cannot change my Vision password on the web, because I don't know the original pass they assigned, and Sprint will not tell you what it is (don't know).

My Prefs/Network setup on the Treo is LOCKED, and I cannot modify anything there. Is everyone else's locked?

I'm about ready to create my own version of http://www.sprintpcssucks.org/

Why don't the media on the web (at least) report this story of all the problems Sprint is having with 3G?
    Did you try just trying to use Blazer and seeing if it provisions itself?

I wonder if the phone might have missed the provisioning notification or else Sprint still haven't activated your account for provisioning.

I can't modify the Sprint Provisioning account either.
    "If you are going to tell people the truth,
    you had better make them laugh or they will kill you."
    --Oscar Wilde
    same deal here..... they have no anwers, I've had a ticket open since sunday and they haven't done anything about it.... each time I call, they try and issue me another ticket....

they're telling me NOT to use the phone at all until the username appears in phone app.....
    Originally posted by gdgconsulting
    I cannot change my Vision password on the web, because I don't know the original pass they assigned, and Sprint will not tell you what it is (don't know).
    G?
    Sprint PCS usually sets your password by default as the last four digits of your social security number.
    gdgconsulting:
    Did you try seeing if it provisions by itself if you use the browser?

My friend was also told to wait, but since it seems her old phone got the provisioning message, I told her to try using the browser, and the phone went and got the update itself.
    "If you are going to tell people the truth,
    you had better make them laugh or they will kill you."
    --Oscar Wilde
    Mine finally works this morning. I got to a Tier 2 support person after speaking with a manager, and he went through and found that it was a problem with my ESN in the data portion. Apparently since I switched from an existing SprintPCS phone to the new Treo, the old ESN was still in the system for data. The activation program they use apparently has a glitch or something that didn't update the data ESN.

The tier 2 tech I talked to sent another ticket to have the data/voice ESN's syncronized for my Treo, this time with a 4 hour promise. It worked great and downloaded it's provisioning after 4 hours. I did have to connect to make this happen -- it didn't happen on it's own.

I bet that if any of you have ESN swaps from your old Sprint phone to the Treo, that this is the problem. Ask your rep to double check the ESNs.

And -- the phone works great. Yes, speeds are still a little sluggish, but I'm sure that will improve. Overall, I''m quite impressed with the phone.
    Finally!! I got up the courage to manually update the network again. It connected and...after about 1 min the update was complete and I now have data!!! My impressions are it is definitely faster than my I300 but it could be faster. I am just euphoric that I can now play!!! (once I leave work...ahem). Thanks for everyone's help and I hope everybody else gets their provisioning done soon!
    gdg could've written my post word-for-word with his post up top. I talked to a Tier 2 technician last night who double-checked my new ECN # (don't know if she found their system in error from activation process on Sunday, but I assume so). She told me that when the reprovisioning happens and they send me a new SMS with the id/password, my phone needs to be ON (not OFF as others have posted). Ticket was created and I was told I'd get a call or I should call them if I become impatient.

I became impatient this morning and a technician told me they have a special "Task Force" assigned to this that will be taking care of the tickets one-by-one, and that I should be excpecting a call, at which time they'll go through the process of reprovisioning my phone.

On the bright side, the technician this morning said that UNLIMITED data is definitely FREE on Vision plans for the first 3 months (can I get that in writing?). He said this is so we can figure out how much data we use, but I think it's more so we can deal with their growing pains. Looks like I need to change my plan from an 8MB to a 2MB to save an extra $30 these first 3 months.

tick, going through the processes you describe does not apply to people like gdg and myself. The actions you describe are exactly how we already know things didn't happen right, because they're what cause us to see the error (#67 in Sprint terms) in the first place.
    Someone posted something about having them re-assign your account or whatever you call it to fix the data.

Since there was a 1.5 hour wait on the regular number I called the local Sprint PCS store. I asked him if you could simple cancel and reactive my plan.

Sure enough, seconds after he had completed this, I received some kind of notification and my phone worked flawlessly in data.

Now I have noticed something really cool...

Once you log in, it stays logged in and the connection is instantly available.

You can program the blazer browser to disconnect but why. It seems once you have connected once, after you turn the phone on and use the blazer for the first time, it satays logged in. It seems to simply sleep when you are not using the data.

This is the coolest thing I've seen.

It does indeed show your username when you log in the first time and in the network preferences. One connected, I can use it all day on and off with out loggin in again.

As for speed? Yes it's definitely a lot faster. I tried the PocketLink browser and without pictures it rips.

The speed issues I think are related to the limitation of the palm browser itself, it spends a lot of time decoding and drawing and that's why it appears to fart along at some points during the page load.

-James
    Finally, it's working.....

called last night to switch service BACK to my I-300 and then called a couple of hours later to 're-active' the Treo. Same story from a very confused supervisor....'leave the phone on, turn the old one off.....blah, blah....wait 6 hours and it'll provision itself." That was all BS. It didn't work this morning and just now (14 hours later) , after not receiving any SMS or automatic update....I tried to connect w/ Blazer. Instead of gettting the same "unknown error" message, it continued to 'update' for about a minute, then logged off, then logged back on and my Username started showing up! I'm sure it was the same ESN issue mentioned by a couple of users. Voice ESN was on the Treo and Data was trying to use the old I300 ESN.

Additiional tidbits: the Supervisor could not guarantee or verify the 'unlimited' data for the 1st 3 months....said Sprint has not yet decided how much they were allowing for free. I can't wait to see the first bill! Also, www.yahoo.com downloaded 20kb in about 40 seconds.

I feel your pain. I've been at this sh_t since last Thurday and have wasted no less than about 9-10 hours on the phone with every misfit at Sprint from CSRs to Tech Support and everyone in between. Hang in there, it'll work....hopefully before your 14 day return window is up.

Rick
    zippy57,

did you happen to get the person's name, extension, etc. so that we can all call Sprint in a month and tell them this guy told us data would be unlimited (that is, if they charge us)????

nobull
    Sorry, nobull, but I didn't ask for his name since he wasn't helpful enough to run me through the manual process of getting my reprovisioning running. I've sent a separate email to Sprint asking them to clarify on this UNLIMITED promise, but who knows what their turnaround is on things like that right now.
    Originally posted by racerX328
    Mine finally works this morning. I got to a Tier 2 support person after speaking with a manager, and he went through and found that it was a problem with my ESN in the data portion. Apparently since I switched from an existing SprintPCS phone to the new Treo, the old ESN was still in the system for data. The activation program they use apparently has a glitch or something that didn't update the data ESN.

The tier 2 tech I talked to sent another ticket to have the data/voice ESN's syncronized for my Treo, this time with a 4 hour promise. It worked great and downloaded it's provisioning after 4 hours. I did have to connect to make this happen -- it didn't happen on it's own.

I bet that if any of you have ESN swaps from your old Sprint phone to the Treo, that this is the problem. Ask your rep to double check the ESNs.
    I tried this on my 4th call to support and they said the esn setting used for voice is the same used for data. Go figure. I thought I had hit the jackpot on this one.
    good luck zippy57...let us know what you get back.

nobull
  15.    #15  
    After at least a dozen calls and as many hours on the phone, I may have gotten a tech that knows what he's doing. He found the ESN was wrong (as I suspected and told every person I talked to). The system had my old phone ESN (I read it off the old box and he verified it was the old one). Made changes and sent it though again. I should know in 4 hours if it worked. For those of you who did not get a NEW account and NEW phone number for your Treo...and it's not getting data, this is probably your problem too.
    Originally posted by gdgconsulting
    After at least a dozen calls and as many hours on the phone, I may have gotten a tech that knows what he's doing. He found the ESN was wrong (as I suspected and told every person I talked to). The system had my old phone ESN (I read it off the old box and he verified it was the old one). Made changes and sent it though again. I should know in 4 hours if it worked. For those of you who did not get a NEW account and NEW phone number for your Treo...and it's not getting data, this is probably your problem too.
    Don't get too excited, gdg. I talked with the Tier 2 rep last night who did the new ESN thing again, and I'm still waiting for a call or SMS message from this "Task Force" when they get to me.
    GDG, they tell you that you would receive a sms ? or did they said for you to try to connect to the network in 4 hours?
    I just experienced a first in Sprint history - my Customer Service Rep was more helpful than the Technician that he forwarded me to. Here's the unbelievable history that just transpired...

- The CSR thoroughly looked into my ticket info before taking me off hold.
    - The CSR was well informed of Error #67 issues
    - The CSR, even though he thought the ticket was being looked into by another team, dove into some secondary information screens about my service info and found another error (the ESN error was resolved last night, so I don't know what this error was)
    - The CSR expressed a great deal of interest when I told him about the TreoCentral Discussion Board, and stated he would visit and maybe post when he got off of work in an hour
    - The CSR forwarded me to a Technician
    - The Technician told me it had only been less than 24 hours since my ticket was created, and that these things are taking 72 hours to resolve.
    - The Technician would only tell me that my case was being looked into and advised me to hang up.

When/if the CSR comes to the board, please be nice to him. I would recommend he get a promotion, but then we'd all be screwed.
  19.    #19  
    The last tech guy knew what to do, thank God....I'm getting data now....never received the username on the screen...after waiting a couple hours, I did the connect to provisioning and the phone updated everything then on it's own.....see previous posts on what the problem was and how it was resolved by the tech guy.