1.    #1  
    I've been following the recent developments on the Treo 300, and am surprised to see it is a single band PCS device. There are many times I'm outside the Sprint network, and rely on another provider's digital service, or good old analog. My SCH 8500 handles that without a hitch, but no go on the Treo 300.

Will there be a tri-mode 300 (wrote to Handspring - no response) or will I just have to wait for the Kyocera or Samsung flip phones?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    This is one of the major drawbacks to the Treo series as it exists currently. Range/coverage is one of the most important factors in picking a mobile phone/provider. Until the Treo series goes tri-mode, it will be a compromise compared to any tri-mode phone, unless you don't travel and you have excellent 3g (or GSM) coverage in your area. I believe, though, that if Handspring truly wants to succeed in the communicator arena, they'll eventually introduce such phones.
    My workaround (not for everyone) is that I am on the 2000 anytime minute plan that allows a second line without extra cost.I have activated my Sanyo 6200 which is dual band and I can share the minutes and I have analog backup when I am out in the boonies.
    Originally posted by Brooose
    My workaround (not for everyone) is that I am on the 2000 anytime minute plan that allows a second line without extra cost.I have activated my Sanyo 6200 which is dual band and I can share the minutes and I have analog backup when I am out in the boonies.
    That's a GREAT idea! If only my fiance wasn't using our freebie add-a-phone (same Vision plan as yours) or there was a 2nd freebie add-a-phone with certain plans.
    Last edited by zippy57; 08/13/2002 at 01:19 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Brooose
    Where are you finding the anytime 2000 minute plan? I've scoured their site, and couldn't find the plan - they're all the usual mix of anytime and a ton of useless night/weekend minutes - who in the world could even use 7000 night/weekend minutes!

What are you being charged for the 2000 anytime minutes plan?
    You're going to have to call Sprint about that one. I did see it offered in a Sprint store in Houston this week, but that's the only reference to it I've seen besides when I called to activate my phone. When activating, they had all their options in their computer that you don't necessarily see in the brochures.

My main objective was to stay around my old 1000 anytime minutes while keeping a non-Vision add-a-phone in the plan as well. Here's the details:

- $99/mo minus $10 for the first 3 months ("free Vision for the first 3 mo")
    - 2000 anytime minutes
    - NO Night and Weekend minutes, but they can be purchased for $10/1000 minutes
    - 8 MB data, with 8 MB added free for the first 3 months (some reps are saying unlimited data first 3 months, so who knows which is true)
    - 1 added phone not Vision enabled at no extra cost!
    - 2 year commitment, with a $150 fee if you cancel out early

She also said that VoiceCalling comes free with all Vision plans at or above $89, and from what I'm reading from other posts Business Connection might come free too at that figure.
    Last edited by zippy57; 08/14/2002 at 09:00 AM.
    Someone posted a picture of the brochure that had these promotional plans on them. If you call Sprint, they will be able to tell you the details for your area. I am paying $10 more right now because I live in Pittsburgh, one of 5 test markets with higher prices. It is still a very good deal, though.