Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    While messing around with the Treo, I launched blazer and hit the home icon.

I got some prompt about updating the device and hit Yes.
    It dialed some Sprint provisioning account, and after it was complete, it tried to dial out with a different account.

That dial out failed, but when I went to check the network panel, I noticed a new account was present.

Unfortunately, it seems the password wasn't assigned, so I entered my password and wallah... it worked.

Now I'm connected via 3G.

Haven't played with Blazer yet.

Anyone else have this happen?
    "If you are going to tell people the truth,
    you had better make them laugh or they will kill you."
    --Oscar Wilde
    Mine did that yesterday after activating, created a new account but pre-populated the password. I've got the dual green arrows but it doesn't seem like 3G speed. Where did you get your password ?
    I had to choose it.

You got yours assigned?
    --Oscar Wilde
    I still don't have one but I can log onto everything. I did choose a name and password for the Business Connection and my mail is syncing fine. I have yet to see a push though !

Visited the Sprint store today and asked about my password.

Clueless. The music on hold on my *2 call during my 40 minute commute didn't drop once. Coverage isn't bad.

Why do they torture us so much with conflicting info. How about a definitive statement as to how to tell you are on 3G
    Spoke with a friend about hers.
    Apparently, her old phone got some weird message on it after she tried to transfer her account to the Treo.
    I guess you have to make sure the old phone is off, but she went ahead and did what I did, which was to try to use the browser.

It asked if she wanted the update, and she got what you did, which was a new account, with the password set.
    --Oscar Wilde
    Well, after waiting an hour to get on with tech support, tech guy reenabled provisioning. He waited on the line (put me on hold), checked in. I finally got an SMS message, but no user name (it said welcome to sprint pcs messaging). I said ok, then it just sat there. Tech support said the system showed "pending". Promised to call back 7:30 in the morning.

Decided to go to blazer. It hooked up/provisioned. Now I get the green arrows when sending/receiving data. Otherwise, arrows are grey (including when I make a voice call). Spped: 40k yahoo file in 40 seconds. Nothing to write home about, but my i300 took 4 minutes.

No username in phone app.

No sms message.

No idea what my password is

But ts a start
    Interesting...

I went to the Network Perfences to see if there was a hidden account in mine and found an account called "Sprint Provisioning". I can connect with this account, however can not browse the web... there is no spot for a pw.

Any ideas what this is?

My speed is veryyyyyy slow so I do not think I am getting 3G.
    Roger
    DO you have green arrows over the signal bar when you're accessing data? Or all the time? How about in the phone on voice?
    I took a close look... there are grayish arrows that appear.
    Seems like if I am not using data after a while.
    or is this some weird burn-in on the LCD?

RLewis, do you have one or two accounts listed?
    I have two. Sprint Provisioning and one other.
    It seems to make sense that the Sprint Provisioning account would not work for the browser.
    I tried it and failed to browse as well.
    --Oscar Wilde
    I have two accounts as well. Before I got provisioned, the only account under network preferences was sprint provisioning. I guess thats the account which your browser signs into to get provisioned. Presumably tech support "enables" provisioning for the phone. When you try to access the web, the phone "logs into" this account and sets up your phone.

I would also guess that if tech support hasn't enabled provisioning, then any attempt to access this account gets denied.

I assume the choice is to allow for "reprovisioning"
    Last edited by work_permit; 08/13/2002 at 02:00 AM.
    or is this some weird burn-in on the LCD
    Min is grey as well. Maybe green means 3g data being transmitted?
    I have 2 accounts also... The 2 accounts are (1) my account and (2) the "Sprint Provioning" account.

I HAVE found out how to get Sprint to logon under the "Sprint Provisioning" account. Logon to the website via a PC and CHANGE YOUR VISION PASSWORD. While you are logon to your phone you will receive a message that a network change has been made and do you want to upgrade (or something like that). Select "YES" and the phone will logon under the "Sprint Provisioning" account.

What is interesting though is that my new password is not update on the phone after the upgrade. In fact, the "Upgrade" deletes my pw so the re-connect portion of the "auto-update" fails. I re-enter the new password on the phone & everything connects OK (but still very slow).

Go ahead & try this... I have changed my pw 5 times now and can re-create the "Sprint Provisioning" logon & update. However it does not upgrade your speed.
    Roger
    How do you change your Vision password if you don't know it to begin with? How did you do that? I never got a Vision password and it never came to my phone...data does not work at all.
    Originally posted by RLewis
    Interesting...

I went to the Network Perfences to see if there was a hidden account in mine and found an account called "Sprint Provisioning". I can connect with this account, however can not browse the web... there is no spot for a pw.

Any ideas what this is?

See my post to this forum entitled "3g Speed -- Detailed review and save $$"

You are getting 3g. It's just growing pains.
    Originally posted by tick
    I took a close look... there are grayish arrows that appear.
    Seems like if I am not using data after a while.
    or is this some weird burn-in on the LCD?

RLewis, do you have one or two accounts listed?
    I have two. Sprint Provisioning and one other.
    It seems to make sense that the Sprint Provisioning account would not work for the browser.
    I tried it and failed to browse as well.
    Gray arrows mean you are "connected" but no data is being sent or received. Green arrows mean data is being sent and received.

The treo 300 will ONLY receive 3g data. See my post in this forum entitled "3g Speeds - Detailed Review and save $$" for a complete explanation of a lot of this info.
    How do you change your Vision password if you don't know it to begin with?
    Log in using your regular tel #/password in the "My Sprint PCS Phone Number" box. Go to My profile, then setting&preferences, change pcs vision password
    Yep, I've done that....it asks me for the Vision password first.....
    Hmmm... that's strange. It allow me to logon via my account pw and then change the Vision pw (I did not know the Vision pw just like you the first time through).
    Roger
    without knowing the old one first......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally posted by RLewis
    Interesting...

Any ideas what this is?

Sure... the's the setup account that only allows connection into the Sprint Provisioning service.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast