1.    #1  
    Hey Guys...

I'm getting really annoyed... I've been told by people here that you can indeed activate an old phone and a new 3G phone in the same plan... I have a SCH3500 and SCH8500 and I want to replace the 8500 with the Treo I just ordered.

Three times I've called SPCS customer support and three times they have told me it's impossible (and I've spoken to three different people each time, with at least one of them asking their supervisor, (supposedly, of course).

Any pointers to get this straigthened out?

Thanks!
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Originally posted by bioart
    Hey Guys...

I'm getting really annoyed... I've been told by people here that you can indeed activate an old phone and a new 3G phone in the same plan... I have a SCH3500 and SCH8500 and I want to replace the 8500 with the Treo I just ordered.

Three times I've called SPCS customer support and three times they have told me it's impossible (and I've spoken to three different people each time, with at least one of them asking their supervisor, (supposedly, of course).

Any pointers to get this straigthened out?

Thanks!
    I have an SCH8500 and a Treo 300 on the same plan. The SCH8500 can even still use the old Wireless web No pointers I'm afraid, except keep calling and talking to people... eventually you'll get a non-moron.
    I spoke to two cust svc people, and instore rep. All three told me no problem. I have three phones on one 2000 anytime/2mbyte plan. Obviously, I'm wasting the mbytes on the non 3g phones (mbytes can't be shared)

Only provision is that your PRIMARY phone has to be the 3G phone.

Try going to a spcs store? Talk to a supervisor?
    From what I've been told by Sprint PCS reps at Best Buy (Kevin) in NC, you can put an old 2g phone on a 3g plan. A different rep even said that if your old 2g phone has wireless web availability, it will use the 2MB for that phone to access the internet.

Anyone know if this is absolutely true (old 2g phone uses 2MB alloted to it for access web)?

Shared plan, 2MB per phone.

Nobull
    Originally posted by nobull
    From what I've been told by Sprint PCS reps at Best Buy (Kevin) in NC, you can put an old 2g phone on a 3g plan. A different rep even said that if your old 2g phone has wireless web availability, it will use the 2MB for that phone to access the internet.

Anyone know if this is absolutely true (old 2g phone uses 2MB alloted to it for access web)?

Shared plan, 2MB per phone.

Nobull
    Not true. When I activated my phone on Sunday, I talked extensively with the rep about this because I am keeping a Samsung 8500 on my plan with the Treo 300 being the primary phone. The way it was explained to me, when you have a 2G phone on a Vision plan, since it cannot receive 3G data, it cannot be part of the MB sharing at all. I tried to get them to bucket into my 3G phone the extra 8MB that would've gone into the 2G add-a-phone bucket if it had been a 3G phone, but they wouldn't bite. They then explained in detail that since the 2G phone cannot access any of the MB in the plan, I would have to purchase the Wireless Web ($5 /mo extra?) option for that phone if I wanted it to access the web.
    That royally SUCKS! They should at least give us the extra MB that won't be used...

nobull