1.    #1  
    Can anyone speculate on this? From the replies to my previous post, it appears I will need to wait on a dual band phone, as the Sprint coverage locally is not so hot.
    According to this alt.cellular.verizon thread, Sprint has a 6 month exclusivity contract with Handspring. I presume that means Verizon would cooperate (so as not to **** off Handspring) and would not even activate your phone as an unsupported model if you bought it from someone else.

I don't understand what that comment "The Sprint version supports CDMA 1900mhz unfortunately" in the last post in the thread means...
  3.    #3  
    Perhaps it is referring to the fact that "The Sprint version ONLY supports CDMA 1900mhz unfortunately"; other than this, I am not sure either.
    No different than the Audiovox Thera PocketPC phone that showed up on Verizon first... They had a 6 month lock on that before Sprint could announce (last week)...
    Originally posted by idservices
    Perhaps it is referring to the fact that "The Sprint version ONLY supports CDMA 1900mhz unfortunately"; other than this, I am not sure either.
    Okay, I did a bit of searching, and found this Usenet post, which states that Verizon uses 1800 MHz.

This, plus the answer to the question "Will this product work on other CDMA networks in the US, like Verizon?" on Handspring's Treo 300 FAQ implies that the Treo 300 will never work on Verizon's network, and Handspring will have to come out with a new model (perhaps after that afore-mentioned 6 month period).

Originally posted by ijablokov
    No different than the Audiovox Thera PocketPC phone that showed up on Verizon first... They had a 6 month lock on that before Sprint could announce (last week)...
    I downloaded the Thera's manual and it doesn't address this issue, but presumably it supports both 1800 and 1900 MHz. This would make sense since the Thera is OEM'd by Toshiba, who have no interest in supporting one version of 1xRTT at the expense of another.
    Last edited by Dan Harkless; 08/12/2002 at 10:10 PM.