1.    #1  
    I've got the dreaded headset problem where I immediately hangup calls if i try to answer with the headset button with the lid closed.
    Has Handspring released a patch yet?
    Or is there a beta floating out there?
    I searched the discussion archives and found a link to a guy who posted a beta, but the link no longer works.
    thanks for any help.
    If all else fails, I think you can call Handspring's User support and they'll E-mail it to you or provide a link.
    They emailed me a Beta *(with the request that I not circulate it) but I still have the problem.
    I did call handsprings support in UK today about the headset problem. And they told me to send in my Treo 270. I did ask for a patch, but the answer was “send it in”. It can be a hardware problem. On the question if it was a known problem on Treo 270, they told me “no”. Strange…. I don’t want to send it from Sweden to UK if it’s a patch that I need!
    Lasse
    Sweden
    Contact Handspring's U.S Support. Can find email form at Handspring.com.

Originally posted by Lazze
    I did call handsprings support in UK today about the headset problem. And they told me to send in my Treo 270. I did ask for a patch, but the answer was “send it in”. It can be a hardware problem. On the question if it was a known problem on Treo 270, they told me “no”. Strange…. I don’t want to send it from Sweden to UK if it’s a patch that I need!
  6.    #6  
    I emailed Handspring in the US and they emailed me back the beta patch. Works fine so far.
    Ken
    The patch fixed my headset hangup problem.
    I did e-mail Handspring in US but they told me to contact Handspring in UK. And they don’t know of a patch to fixed my headset hangup problem. :confused:
    Lasse
    Sweden
    ...after installing the GPRS-upgrade, which is GREAT by the way!

mikko.
    I have just called Handspring UK technical support and they are gonna send me the patch to fix this issue. There was no mention of keeping it quiet so if anyone wants it, I will email it to you.

My address for this particular issue is treo270headsetpatch@uptonfamily.co.uk

Paul Upton
    Your e-mail did not work :(
    Lasse
    Sweden
    Hi, just set it up, will come on line aftr 15:30 uk time...

Patch works a treat. No I have a GPRS enabled, headset that works properly pda. Well pleased.

Paul
    Paul Upton
    The headset patch did not completely solve the problem for my Treo 270. Worked correctly 90% of the time but that was relaible enough to depend on it.

The very nice gentleman at Handspring Customer Service explained that the patch was still in beta because it did not solve the problem for allTreos. For reasons they don't understand, some Treos continue to have problems while the various majority work perfectly. After confirming with a supervisor that I had installed the patch (and asking for details of the continued problems), Handspring agreed to ship me a free replacement.

I do love Handspring's customer relations.

He also said that the T-mobile GPRS patch would be "sometime in the next month or two."
    YES!

Paul sent me the file and it works!! Yes!
    Lasse
    Sweden