1.    #1  
    read these posts anymore?

So anyway,

Hi -

This is my 1st post here. I've searched this forum, google in general, and everywhere else and still can't find a solution to the problem i'm having.

I'm trying to hotsync my Treo 680 via bluetooth (Blue Soleil) to my PC (Vista 64-bit), but keep getting the "that port is being used by another application" error. What i want to do is sync my contacts, tasks, calendar with either Outlook 2007 or Palm DeskTop - i don't have a preference.

I had the same problem with an older 650 (which died.....), but no resolution there either.

Help!!!!
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fmajor007 View Post
    Yes.

But I can't answer your problem, sorry.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

So anyway,

Hi -

This is my 1st post here. I've searched this forum, google in general, and everywhere else and still can't find a solution to the problem i'm having.

I'm trying to hotsync my Treo 680 via bluetooth (Blue Soleil) to my PC (Vista 64-bit), but keep getting the "that port is being used by another application" error. What i want to do is sync my contacts, tasks, calendar with either Outlook 2007 or Palm DeskTop - i don't have a preference.

I had the same problem with an older 650 (which died.....), but no resolution there either.

Help!!!!
    Try this: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ml#post2619254

I've also seen that error when the Bluetooth radio is turned off on the Treo or the computer you are HotSync'ing to has it's Bluetooth off (or the pairing is broken).
    Last edited by pvman; 08/23/2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Response to first question, Not often for me. I don't cruise the forums as much as I used to. There is a ton of great information here though.

I'm a Mac user and use MarkSpace Missing Sync to sync my Treo and other Palm devices. At work I have a Windows 2000 machine to use Softick PPP on but do not Sync the devices there. I have no Windows 64-bit experience.

But on my Treo 680 and 755P I do get the "Port in Use" message from time to time. To get passed that I reset the phone (Pull the battery and re-insert it) that clears up any issues with my USB Connection. It may help you with the Bluetooth. It's worth a try.

So anyway,

Hi -

Help!!!!