1.    #1  
    Like about everyone else I have been waiting for the data provision to happen. After waiting 25 hours I called support again. I finally ended up with Vision tech support and all the guy did was reprogram a bogus phone number into the phone, pause then program my real number in again.

He said to wait 2 hours with the phone on and I should receive the ITA or whatever enables the data side. He specifically said not to use the phone or PDA in any way.

I should see my vision user name on the phone if the provisioning is successful.

He was also nice enough to walk me through setting my password for the Vision side of manage.

Log on to the regular manage using your phone number and password.

Click the 'My Profile' link at the top of the page (button with fingerprint)

Under 'Setting and Preferences' select the link on the word 'more' at the end of the sentence: 'View and change your personal information (account holders only), passwords and MORE.

Under 'Password & Access:' select 'Change account password'

Type the new password and re-enter (apparently the password is blank and you actually set it here).

Select Submit.

He said it would take at least 1 hour for the logon information to be available, and I just got done so I don't know if it will really work.

Hope this gets all of us running!
    Some FYI...

I changed the pw on my phone and was able to access & logon to the system with the new pw with-in 5 minutes.

I am still confused on where the logon name should show up on the phone.. can some be more specific? Is it on the dial-pad button area at the top?
    Roger
    Originally posted by RLewis
    Some FYI...

I changed the pw on my phone and was able to access & logon to the system with the new pw with-in 5 minutes.

I am still confused on where the logon name should show up on the phone.. can some be more specific? Is it on the dial-pad button area at the top?
    I've had data access since Friday night. Nowhere do I see a username / logon name displayed anywhere on the phone.

Would this explain why my 3g data service is so slow (i.e. I'm still stuck using 2g?)

Are we sure this username appearing on the phone rumor is actually true, or is Sprint making stuff up again?
    doctorc-

can you give us a rundown of the network settings on your phone....I'd love to get mine working for 2G like yours. Slow is better than NONE!

At this point, I'd be thrilled to have 2G access like I had on my I-300...screw 3G.
  5.    #5  
    Just an update. I'm 0 for 2.

The above attempt to provision did not work, and up to now I can't log on to the vision side of manager.

I called back and I now have one of the dreaded 'tickets' and a 48 hour wait for a callback. I specifically asked about a manual configure and the rep had no clue.

At least the voice portion works, and I love the phone.
    Originally posted by intractv
    Just an update. I'm 0 for 2.

The above attempt to provision did not work, and up to now I can't log on to the vision side of manager.

I called back and I now have one of the dreaded 'tickets' and a 48 hour wait for a callback. I specifically asked about a manual configure and the rep had no clue.

At least the voice portion works, and I love the phone.
    Man I really feel for you all. Well at least rest assured that you are not missing out on much at the moment. THe data throughput is still sucking pretty bad so until they get it all worked out you're not really missing too much yet. Keep heart, I am sure your problems will be resolved soon. I admire you all for not being totally irate and foaming at the mouth. I would be in '*** kicking' mode about now if this sh*t was happing to me