Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone started using the wireless e-mail?

    I don't see any mail application on my 300... and no mention in the user guide.

    Will I be guided through mail setup when my 3G connection comes on?
  2. #2  
    I've got it going on my 300, and works fine.

    I've tried out Eudora (freeware) and Aileron (corsoft.com) which is like TreoMail but has some features I prefer.

    Kami
  3. #3  
    Does sprint offer free ISP? Or do you need to use a third party?
  4. #4  
    I'm using the Sprint Business connection. Batter then Treo mail in some ways but I have yet to receive a push. I have to request a sync. For those people on exchange systems, you can search the corporations complete address list. Also, you can choose a folder on your network to view on the Treo or on the web. Pretty scarey if your are working in IP security. I don't think too many people understand the impact of this.

    One more thing.... composed messages on the Treo have an autosigniture that sez it's sent from a treo via Sprint. If security sees that, it might raise some eyebrows
  5. #5  
    I am another fan of Sprint Business Connection too. I tried basejet, but like Sprint Business Connection much better.
    Roger
  6. #6  
    Does Sprint offer an internet mail connection? Or do I still have to dialin to someone like Earthlink. I cannot find this on their board.
    Does the Business Connection permit this or is it only for accessing Outlook on and exchange site?
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by crownprince
    Does Sprint offer an internet mail connection? Or do I still have to dialin to someone like Earthlink. I cannot find this on their board.
    Does the Business Connection permit this or is it only for accessing Outlook on and exchange site?
    The Business Connection software allows you to establish POP3 and IMAP accounts so you can check your email.
  8. Q
    Q is offline
    Q's Avatar
    Posts
    686 Posts
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    #8  
    Originally posted by enagel
    The Business Connection software allows you to establish POP3 and IMAP accounts so you can check your email.
    I wonder--if you send from those, does it still have the signature about being sent from a Treo on Sprint?
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by work_permit
    Does sprint offer free ISP? Or do you need to use a third party?
    I didn't need to dial in to an ISP. But I used the POP and SMTP settings from two other ISPs to set up my email on Sprint, and works fine.
    Kami
  10. #10  
    Anyone tried Treo Mail on the 3G network? I presume it is fast. I am still using it on a 180 on CSD.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by meta_dave
    Anyone tried Treo Mail on the 3G network? I presume it is fast. I am still using it on a 180 on CSD.
    I am using it. It seems fast enough but dunno what to compare it against.

    I have Sprint business connection software too, but the treo client hasn't been able to connect to the server since early yesterday (though I can get to bc.sprintpcs.com and read email via blazer just fine).

    I am trying both (Treomail and Sprint BC) to see which I want to keep. Treomail was a little flaky at 1st about grabbing my email msgs, and msgs deleted on the treo don't get deleted in exchange (though I selected the option to do so), but it seems overall good to me.
  12. #12  
    Iggie - for Treo Mail to be able to delete message in exchange when you delete them from your Treo, you need to satisfy two requirements:

    - You receive your email on an exchange server. You can't just be using exchange to access a pop3 account. Typically, you'll be on an exchange server if you're accessing your work email, esp. if you work at a decent sized company. You'll be accessing pop3 if you are getting your earthlink mail, aol, etc.

    - You are using the corporate edition. The corporate edition is designed to let you access your work email on an exchange server, even if it is behind a firewall. If you are using the internet edition (designed to access a pop3 account), you won't be able to sync your email (i.e. delete messages on your treo and then have them deleted in your inbox at your desk). I think that's why the corporate edition costs more, because it does more.

    Hope that helps.
  13. #13  
    Do these email solutions require your computer to be on at all times??? Or does the handheld automatically connect to the email server? I assume this would happen through Blazer or would you actually have to make a phone call to download email???

    For my personal email account, it would be nice but not necessary dto have alerts on my Treo when new mail arrives, but I'd like to at least be able to download and read new messages on my Treo.
  14. #14  
    If you want notifications your computer needs to be on. Otherwise, it just needs to be on whenever you want to access email from your Treo. Neither needs blazer.

    Originally posted by bluehorizons
    Do these email solutions require your computer to be on at all times??? Or does the handheld automatically connect to the email server? I assume this would happen through Blazer or would you actually have to make a phone call to download email???

    For my personal email account, it would be nice but not necessary dto have alerts on my Treo when new mail arrives, but I'd like to at least be able to download and read new messages on my Treo.
  15. veroi's Avatar
    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    #15  
    IGIIE can you be a bit clearer , can I access my e-mail via POP 3 if my desktop at office is off. We use OUTLOOK were we work. The Sprint rep stated that their pc connection needs the desktop to be always ON.

Posting Permissions