1.    #1  
    Anyone found a good leather case yet for the treo 300? I am wondering if the CaseTech case will work (designed for the Treo270 so may be a bit snug on the 300...) Thinking of ordering it to give it a try.

Almost dropped the treo300 yesterday and that near death experience has prompted me to look into some protective outerwear for my new pocket friend.
  2.    #2  
    Originally posted by doctorc
    Anyone found a good leather case yet for the treo 300? I am wondering if the CaseTech case will work (designed for the Treo270 so may be a bit snug on the 300...) Thinking of ordering it to give it a try.

Almost dropped the treo300 yesterday and that near death experience has prompted me to look into some protective outerwear for my new pocket friend.
    to answer my own question I just got off the phone with CaseTech, they were very helpful and friendly. They confirm it works fine with the Treo 300. I ordered the convertible II kit with the belt clip and will have it Wed or Thurs this week. Will post here how I like it.

Can't wait for Vaja to come out with their Treo case.
    Their website has the Treo III now.

"Treo III Convertible FlipŠ Case
    A premium case design for the Treo 300. The "convertible" will allow you to convert from a "flip style" to a "holster style" as you desire. The flip design provides additional protection and is available in glove soft leather. Black Only. "

http://www.casetechworks.com/cgi-bin...b3e+1029400868

I do not like the one Sprint sells for the 300. I bought it over the phone for $20 and will return it. I think the Treo III is the best overall option. I plan to order one.

Bo
    Hey Dr C, I would invest the $4 a month into some insurance from sprint!!! It may not save your Treo, but it may save your life, lol...
    Sully
    Boston, MA
    Treo 650 and 700
    Former Treo 300 and 600 Owner
    Blackberry (RIM 957) cases work pretty well. If Sprint gets the pushes working there may be alot of them available.
    I ordered the Treo III Flip Case from casetech for my Treo 300 the other day. Got it in today and have been using it for awhile. I really like it so far. It's quite functional and seems to be fairly durable.

The only complaint I have is that the belt clip swivels far too much. It's possible for the treo to swivel upside down while I am walking around with it clipped on. This could have easily been prevented by a small raised bit of leather right between the indentation on the clip, which would prevent too much side to side rotation. I have a Sharp Zaurus and a case with an identical type clip, but with the design I just spoke of, and it works great. I'm thinking about maybe just modifying the treo case in a similar way myself, I don't think it'd be too hard.

Anyway, other than this one relatively small issue (I just put the treo in my pocket for now, it + the case are still small enough to do this comfortably), I really like the case and highly recommend it.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Dibrom
    I ordered the Treo III Flip Case from casetech for my Treo 300 the other day. Got it in today and have been using it for awhile. I really like it so far. It's quite functional and seems to be fairly durable.

The only complaint I have is that the belt clip swivels far too much. It's possible for the treo to swivel upside down while I am walking around with it clipped on. This could have easily been prevented by a small raised bit of leather right between the indentation on the clip, which would prevent too much side to side rotation. I have a Sharp Zaurus and a case with an identical type clip, but with the design I just spoke of, and it works great. I'm thinking about maybe just modifying the treo case in a similar way myself, I don't think it'd be too hard.

Anyway, other than this one relatively small issue (I just put the treo in my pocket for now, it + the case are still small enough to do this comfortably), I really like the case and highly recommend it.
    Got mine yesterday. Overall I think it is a pretty decent case for only $24.00 - not nearly as nice as my EB case for my Samsung I300 but still a decent case.

I think I will keep it. I have noticed it seems to make the Treo 300 easier to "handle" while typing / talking on -- easier to hold onto.

For only $24 it's a good buy.