1.    #1  
    Well...... after calling the Union City CA store and speaking with Rich, I asked him if I should come in and activate my Treo or do it by phone. He said come in. After waiting for my "number" to be called (Rich knew I was there because I said Hi when I came in and waved my Treo at him) they tried to activate me and then said that there had been a trouble ticket opened at Sprint this morning and none of the stores could activate phones on the Vision plan.

Rich and the other "store manager" said I was the first Vision plan they tried to activate. Sounds like a big hit so far. Ask and then ask again, then ask if they aree sure before driving to your local Sprint store. They did have free lemonade outside though.
    A nationwide beta program. We should all be proud particpants
    I've had similar results. Took my Sprint rep on the phone 40 miuntes to get it through the system-- But she was very nice about it. She had to get her manager over to help.

My phone has been activated since 9am, but no data at all. Keep us posted, let me know if it starts working. (so I can go yell at them about mine)
  4.    #4  
    Did they have free lemonade ?
    Originally posted by work_permit
    A nationwide beta program. We should all be proud particpants
    That's why they aren't charging for it for 3 months!
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Originally posted by UniPalmer
    That's why they aren't charging for it for 3 months!
    That's exactly right. THey figure if they don't charge us for the first 3 months (and I bet it takes at least a month to get this working remotely well) then we have nothing that we can complain about.

Remember when they first started the wireless web. That was a disaster too. History repeating...