1.    #1  
    I saw a couple posts about a 3G username..... when you were activating your phone with sprint, did they ask you for a username and ask you to somehow put that into the phone?

when I activated, all we did was enter in the phone number of the phone, into the phone...

thanks!
    Originally posted by Fikse
    I saw a couple posts about a 3G username..... when you were activating your phone with sprint, did they ask you for a username and ask you to somehow put that into the phone?

when I activated, all we did was enter in the phone number of the phone, into the phone...

thanks!
    no they did not ask me for one, nor were they going to give it to me until I reminded them "Uh,,, dude I need my username and password..." they guy spent like 5 minutes with me on hold and then came back and gave it to me.

Basically nobody at Sprint knows what they are doing at the moment. This is pretty humorous if not sad. They should have at least trained their people before the launch.
  3.    #3  
    did you have to put the username and password into the phone somehow? I was told I would get an SMS with the password....
    I think that the username/password is supposed to get downloaded through their provisioning. Tech support said I should have gotten an SMS message asking if I want to configure my phone.

Basically nobody at Sprint knows what they are doing at the moment.
    I suspect some people know what they're doing, the only question is who? I've gotten SO many answers to so few questions, some of them have got to be right.

Then again, I guess a broken clock is right twice a day
    After my second call, I got my plan but nothing else. I was informed I would receive a message (would this show up as SMS?). I would then use info from the message to log on to the Vision side of manage....

Anyone heard that one?
    That sounds like the story fiske & I got. One cust svc person told me to leave the phone on. Another told me I should have left the phone off. Tech support told me to leave it on as well, so thats what I'm doing. They also said I should receive an SMS message.

Yet another person told me my phone would need to be reprogrammed because I used it before getting provisioned.

Somehow, I doubt I'm going to get an SMS message anytime soon.
  7. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by work_permit
    Then again, I guess a broken clock is right twice a day
    That depends... suppose it stays exactly 1 hour behind?