1.    #1  
    They say it will be activated in 24 hours. How do I know when its working?
    Originally posted by work_permit
    They say it will be activated in 24 hours. How do I know when its working?
    I knew it was working when I could click on blazer and just access the web. It dials in, authenticates by your username, and you're in. Try it. See if you're active, I doubt it would hurt anything even if you're not provisioned yet (maybe?)
    Originally posted by doctorc

I knew it was working when I could click on blazer and just access the web. It dials in, authenticates by your username, and you're in. Try it. See if you're active, I doubt it would hurt anything even if you're not provisioned yet (maybe?)
    There should be no dialing with an always on service. Dialing confirmation is a setting in Blazer you can turn on or off, or it can be turned on or off by the carrier.
    Originally posted by PCMusician

There should be no dialing with an always on service. Dialing confirmation is a setting in Blazer you can turn on or off, or it can be turned on or off by the carrier.
    Well I guess "dialing' is not the appropriate term, but it takes about 15-20 seconds to "log on" to the network.
  5.    #5  
    15-20 seconds? Hardly an "always on" experience. Does your username show up on the top line of the phone dialer? PCS cust svc said its suppoed to if 3G is enabled
    Originally posted by work_permit
    15-20 seconds? Hardly an "always on" experience. Does your username show up on the top line of the phone dialer? PCS cust svc said its suppoed to if 3G is enabled
    No username at top of phone display. Also 3g performance on this phone seems to be horrific, in terms of switching between blazer and say other apps. I have to stare at the "please wait" screen for 10-15 seconds before the other app comes up (e.g. be in blazer, hit phone button to switch to phone).

One interesting thing though, it appears that I can make a phone call and do data at the same time.. does this make sense? Or maybe the phone just 'seamlessly' switches between the two. Basically once you are logged into the network I think you can basically stay logged in forever. And make voice calls, and switch off from voice to data.