1.    #1  
    Well........... how's the performance ? Is it worth the money ? How long does it take to load CNN or Sprint's home page on the first try. No cached results please.
    I was told that it wiill take 24 hours to provision the data service.

Why do I feel like I'm going to be calling customer service again tommorrow?
    See my other reply to your other thread. Basically I have had 3g data since Friday PM. It is slow, very slow. I get about 1k byte per second. This is noticeably much slower than even a crappy 56k connection. It is also not any different subjectively than my old i300 on the old 2g wireless web. I honestly can tell no difference in terms of speed. Which leads me to believe that maybe I am still actually only on 2g wireless web data plan and not 3g? Or, maybe sprint is having some serious issues with the 3g data services. Basically, I am really hoping it improves. Because as it stands right now, it is really, really slow and not any different than 2g.
    check my reply as well. On saturday, Findsvr and I were accessing data at 1.2kbps on the 2G network. My memory is that it used to be faster. It took findsvr 2 minutes to download yahoo at 4 colors, took me 4 minutes at 256 colors.

Not sure if this is all a fluke.
  5.    #5  
    Forgive the rather uninformed post but shouldn't there be some visual notification, icon, etc that let's you know your on the 3G system. The lack of such an icon is sort of like guessing whether your dual band phone is analog or digital.

I guess your on 3G when you can hear increased clarity. Anyone hear increased clarity other than the polyphonic ringer sounds produced by the phone ?
    Originally posted by PCMusician
    Forgive the rather uninformed post but shouldn't there be some visual notification, icon, etc that let's you know your on the 3G system. The lack of such an icon is sort of like guessing whether your dual band phone is analog or digital.

I guess your on 3G when you can hear increased clarity. Anyone hear increased clarity other than the polyphonic ringer sounds produced by the phone ?
    There is no indicator you are on 3g.
    I guess your on 3G when you can hear increased clarity.
    Why?
  8.    #8  
    Because Sprint Vision promises clarity you can see and hear. That's their "vision" of their Vision service. It's a quote from their CEO Bill Esrey.
    I'm not so sure about this vision. After my experiences today, its more like they're hearing voices
    Originally posted by work_permit
    I'm not so sure about this vision. After my experiences today, its more like they're hearing voices
    ROFL, or more like they are all blind!
    There is infact an icon when you are downloading data froma 3G network. AS I reacall from the manual, the signal strength turns into 2 arrows. If they are green they are on 3G i think..
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by miradu
    There is infact an icon when you are downloading data froma 3G network. AS I reacall from the manual, the signal strength turns into 2 arrows. If they are green they are on 3G i think..
    THats what Josh, the Sprint guy said, and the Sprint CSRs are out standing in their field.
    Originally posted by PCMusician
    Because Sprint Vision promises clarity you can see and hear. That's their "vision" of their Vision service. It's a quote from their CEO Bill Esrey.
    Sounds like an admission that their all digital network was never much better than analog from day 1 (like intermittent gaps of lost audio was better than static). Everytime I call my attorney, the first thing he asks me to do is to call him back on a landline phone.
    Why, because everyone knows mobile phones _ _ _ _ (are a trade-off of conveniance vs quality).
    David
    I keep getting "Error: Registration Failure, check you username and password and try again. If this problem persists, contact Sprint. [67]" then, A data connection could not be established, service update failed.

That's as of 6:45am Eastern Time Monday morning. So... either they haven't actually provisioned 3G yet... or I'm doing something wrong.

I went to the "manage your Sprint PCS" page... read Claire's suggestions :-) (somehow it feels patronizing to give your help pages a girl's name :-) ), then, at her advice (I can't believe I'm calling the help pages "her" :-) ), went to check my PCS Vision user name and password.

My customer service rep told me my Vision user name (when I asked; it wasn't something he knew to do voluntarily), so I put that in when asked, but try as I might, I can't guess my PCS Vision password. I checked with Claire :-), and she said my Customer Service guy doesn't even know it at first -- because it's used to purchase premium services. So -- I wonder who *does* know it! :-) I called back Customer service and tried to work my way through the menus and never could get a realy person in connection with PCS Vision.

So -- so far . . . it's not exactly "clarity I can see or hear". :-(

I'll try to be patient though! For a while. :-)
    Doug
    Doug
    Just talked to Shawn (after losing Claire :-) ). SHe said we wasn't on 3g yet. (We knew that, eh? :-) ) The way we'll know that that has happened is that they'll email our Sprint PCS Vision password to us. Until that happens, we're drifting between 2g and nowhere-land. :-) She apologized for the rep. telling me "2 hours" yesterday and said her morning email from tech support was suggesting to allow 24 hours instead. So... for now... I wait. :-)
    Doug
    Doug
    Originally posted by miradu
    \

Hmm, well I've been seeing those two arrows and they are green, but I'm getting about 1k byte per second on a good day. If this is what we can expect from 3g it's pretty sad. I'd rather go back to plain old wireless web as long as I could still keep my treo 300.
    Originally posted by DougLucas
    I went to the "manage your Sprint PCS" page... read Claire's suggestions :-) (somehow it feels patronizing to give your help pages a girl's name :-) )
    Wouldn't that be "matronizing"?
    Right now I'm posting this from my 300 on Sprint. Oddly, the subjective download experience of using Treocental mobile version is about the same as using it on my dektop with the regular version and a cable modem! I guess because the regular version of TC is a littl e slow, and the mobile version is a lot leaner. Of course the 300 keyboard slows me down a lot.
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by Dan Harkless
    Wouldn't that be "matronizing"?
    Sprint had to pick a name that sounded like "Clear" so we will all be subliminally convinced we can see and hear the pin drop.