1.    #1  
    it took 6 calls, each time getting disconnected..... the sprint reps really have NO IDEA whats going on, you would think they would be a little more prepared.....

I signed up for 5000 total mintues with 8MB data, 500 anytime and 4500 night and weekend..... for $69.99 which includes using two phones on this one plan, sharing the minutes.....

my cost actually went down from my previous plan, Total Digital connections, $59.99 month for 500 anytime and 2000 night and weekend.... because they used to tack on and extra $10 per phone if more than one phone was used on the account, which brought the total to $79.99......

the voice portion of the phone works fine, but I can't get connected to any data services, each time I try the services updater launches and I et Error: Registration Failure, check you username and password and try again. then, A data connection could not be established, service update failed.

The person who did my plan said it takes between 2 and 4 hours to provision..... yea right, like I really believe anyone anymore....

not to mention their website is down for logging into your account...

this is such a joke..... how can a company operate like this?
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    The 3g network does not go live 'till Monday
    My sales guy said it would go live in 2 to 4 hours as well... but I'm getting the same error... "Error: Registration Failure, check you username and password and try again. then, A data connection could not be established, service update failed."

So ... something makes me think that maybe there's some truth to the idea that it won't activate 'til tomorrow. :-(
    Doug
    Totally wired. My rep INISTED that ALL the 3G plans had only anytime minutes..no night and weekend plans. Maybe different regions have different options? I live in NYC

I got 2000 anytime minutes with an additional phone & 2MB for $89+$20 for the third phone. Fine by me, I used to have $75 for 100 anyytime, 6500 NW, plus $40 for 2 additional phones. Anytime is worth more to me, I hardly use the NW minutes.
    Anyone from Sprint want to speak on their behalf and give us a clue what's going on with your rollout ? I'm warming up my car now to return my Treo 300 that I havn't activated yet. Not much good press about this rollout so far
    Well that is odd because I have been using 3g data services since Friday PM. But I can tell you its slower than crap, so maybe they are working on getting it to run faster and that is why some people are saying it won't "GO LIVE" until Monday (I like how it was Originally Thursday, then Sunday, and now Monday... anyone see a pattern here... pardon me for being cynical).

On average, I am getting about 1.2k BYTES per second, sometimes a bit slower, never really much faster than that. If this is all the faster I can expect my 3G to be I'm really disappointed.

The plan I am on is 850 / 5400 / 8 megs with two phones for $89. This required a 2 year contract ($150 to break contract, which I probably WILL do at some point).
  7.    #7  
    I was getting 1 - 1.2 Kbytes on my I300 over 2g......
    I think you were getting 1.2kbits/second

You downloaded yahoo = 18,000 bytes in 2 minutes

18000 bytes * 8 bits/byte /120 = 1200 bits/second
    Originally posted by doctorc
    Well that is odd because I have been using 3g data services since Friday PM. But I can tell you its slower than crap, so maybe they are working on getting it to run faster and that is why some people are saying it won't "GO LIVE" until Monday (I like how it was Originally Thursday, then Sunday, and now Monday... anyone see a pattern here... pardon me for being cynical).

On average, I am getting about 1.2k BYTES per second, sometimes a bit slower, never really much faster than that. If this is all the faster I can expect my 3G to be I'm really disappointed.

The plan I am on is 850 / 5400 / 8 megs with two phones for $89. This required a 2 year contract ($150 to break contract, which I probably WILL do at some point).
    Well...... I'm skeptical that they really have a switch to throw (the "make data go fast switch" in my other posts") and I would at least expect decent throughput to the Sprint website or one of Sprint network locations. I wonder what Sprint would say if you wanted to cut down to 2 megs because that's all your likely to get in a month. Please pardon my being cynical but SPRINT, PLEASE SHOW US THE CLARITY YOU CAN SEE AND HEAR SOMETIME IN OUR LIFETIME.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    The RUMOR was they would go live with the 3g system at noon today, but Sprint insists they could SELL you 3g hardware from Thursday on, but you would not get 3g PERFORMANCE until MONDAY.
    Originally posted by paz5559
    The RUMOR was they would go live with the 3g system at noon today, but Sprint insists they could SELL you 3g hardware from Thursday on, but you would not get 3g PERFORMANCE until MONDAY.
    Anxiously awaiting Monday then. Because as of now, I'm yawning over the 3g stuff... sLOwwww...
    I received a similar new plan as work_permit got, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised as well. The only downfall was that it took a 2-year contract to get it. My main objective was to stay around my old 1000 anytime minutes while keeping a non-Vision add-a-phone in the plan as well. Here's the details:

- $99/mo minus $10 for the first 3 months ("free Vision for the first 3 mo)
    - 2000 anytime minutes
    - NO Night and Weekend minutes, but they can be purchased for $10/1000 minutes
    - 8 MB data, with 8 MB added free for the first 3 months (no word on "unlimited" data for first 3 mo)
    - 1 added phone not Vision enabled at no extra cost!

She also said that VoiceCalling comes free with all Vision plans above $89, and from what I'm reading from other posts Business Connection might come free too.

I'm still not provisioned and receiving any data, but I'm on the phone currently with a rep.
    For any Vision plan at $89.99 and higher, voice command and business connection are included in the monthly rate.
    can u pls clarify what free means here? what does a business connection mean and free voice means, unlimited anytime mins also?
    Originally posted by athreya
    can u pls clarify what free means here? what does a business connection mean and free voice means, unlimited anytime mins also?
    Business Connection is usually a $5/mo service that Sprint offers that can use your computer connected to a work Microsoft Outlook email server to push work emails to the phone whenever your computer is on and connected to the network. I have never seen it in action, but other threads on this board discuss it, and the people who have it seem to be quite satisfied.

The free VoiceDialing is usually a $5/mo service that Sprint offers where you just say a person's name into your phone, and voice recognition software by Sprint dials the associated phone number automatically.
    Just about to upgrade to vision, despite all the negative comments (just can't help myself).

This may be a silly question, but I haven't seen it addressed elsewhere: When using the Treo for data, does it count against the minutes in your plan? For example, if I download a 60k email for 2 minutes in the middle of the day, have I just used 2 anytime minutes PLUS using 60k from my 8meg data allotment?

Thanks.
    Fiske,

Do you have any document detailing the plan you mentioned you got for $69.99 (500 anytime, 8MB, etc.)?

The one I've seen for $69.99 (for two phones) is 350 anytime, 3650 night/weekends, 2MB per phone...

Thx,
    Nobull