1.    #1  
    Sprint has totally revamped its 3G plans. No longer does it offer night & weekend minutes! At least this is what customer service just told me (even though their web does show the typical night/weekend minute plans).

I only checked their family plans: 2000 anytime minutes (2 phones) + 2mbytes @ 89.99
    You can add 8mbytes for $20, or 20mbytes for $40.

2500 anytime minutes is $109.99
    Last edited by work_permit; 08/11/2002 at 09:23 AM.
    where is this information, I am on sprints site and its listing night and weekends for each plan....
  3.    #3  
    I'm talking to custmer service, activating my plan. She says that

1. All 3G plans now use anytime minutes only
    2. All 3G plans require 2 year agreement
    Last edited by work_permit; 08/11/2002 at 09:12 AM.
    these sprint people are so clueless...... I went through the whole thing, and then she says, oh we can't activate your phone until 12pm today, please callback...

she didn't mention anything about the 2 year agreement, or all anytime minutes, etc...
  5.    #5  
    I'm also told that the first three months are UNLIMTED data access
    unlimited data access? heh, give me the extension of the person your talking to....

so your phone is activated? I guess I'll call back and try again....
  7.    #7  
    I called customer service (888-211-4727). Didn't get the persons name. They had problems activating the account, I'm calling back in half an hour or so.

Yes, the first three months are unlimited data access. I asked twice. I had wanted to add 8 mbytes for $20, took a while until she figured out why she wasn't able to do that...its beacause of this first three months being free of data charges.

Also, wasn't able to add a business connection, because my phone is on a personal plan. Oh well, sounds like treomail for me
    Originally posted by work_permit
    I called customer service (888-211-4727). Didn't get the persons name. They had problems activating the account, I'm calling back in half an hour or so.

Yes, the first three months are unlimited data access. I asked twice. I had wanted to add 8 mbytes for $20, took a while until she figured out why she wasn't able to do that...its beacause of this first three months being free of data charges.

Also, wasn't able to add a business connection, because my phone is on a personal plan. Oh well, sounds like treomail for me

I read something about this unlimited data access thing in the Wall Street Journal I believe, so that isn't terribly hard to believe. What I am wondering though is how long the promotion is, which is what the WSJ said the unlimited data was.
  9.    #9  
    My Plan Summary:
    PCS FREE & CLEAR WITH VISION
    $89.99 PCS FREE & CLEAR WITH VISION
    MINUTES ARE SHARED ON THIS PLAN
    ALL MINUTES INCLUDE LONG DISTANCE
    2000 ANYTIME MINUTES
    2 MB OF PCS VISION
    2 MB = 2048 KB
    DATA IS NOT SHARED
    CALLER ID, CALL WAITING
    VOICEMAIL
    work_permit, I wanted to get that same plan you just signed up for, but they didn't have an option to add additional data......

is your data service active now?
  11.    #11  
    No, they called me back while I was out of the house. I just called customer svc. They should call back soon.

I tried to add additional data. They kept trying to, but weren't able to. Thats when the customer svc rep figured out why. Its because the data is FREE for three months...hence no need to add to the 2MB until then.

I'll report back when I finally get this thing activated
  12.    #12  
    Well now. Thie latest customer service rep claims that theycan add NW minutes.

These guys are confused!
    Originally posted by work_permit
    No, they called me back while I was out of the house. I just called customer svc. They should call back soon.

I tried to add additional data. They kept trying to, but weren't able to. Thats when the customer svc rep figured out why. Its because the data is FREE for three months...hence no need to add to the 2MB until then.

I'll report back when I finally get this thing activated
    This is strange, I was never told data was free for three months. None the less, my data has been working Since Friday but is is SLOW AS HELL ( I get about 1k byte per second. Hardly anywhere near the 50-70 kBITS per second 3g claims (which should be around 5-7 k BYTES per second correct me if I am wrong). Maybe the data network is having some issues still. At any rate IMHO it pretty much sucks.

Also, the plan I am on:

$89.99
    850 any time
    5400 night and weekend
    8 megs
    shared between two phones (no additional cost for sharing between two phones).

When data services come up for the rest of you guys I'd appreciate hearing your opinion on the bandwidth, as I think that 3g is REALLY slow at this point -- there has to be something wrong, there is no possible way that 3g could actually be this slow. At this point I cannot tell the difference at all between my I300 with the old wireless web and the new 3g service. It massively sucks
  14.    #14  
    I'm going to call back customer service
  15.    #15  
    FWIW, I did verify that my plan includes 3 months of UNLIMITED data access. Hopefully I can add more data in 3 months.

Its interesting. Thre is NO advertisemnt of this "anytime only" plan on the web.
    I wonder if this is a promotional plan and how long we have to sign up and get it.
  17.    #17  
    the 3 free months is definetly promo. The sprint PCS store rep told me about it. I ended up having to tell the customer service rep about it. And apparently you can't add data while on the promo (duh! why add data while you get unlimited access).

The "all anytime" deal threw me for a whirl. I currently had 1000 anytime/6500 NW + 500 PCS minutes shared with 3 phones. When determining my plan, I always focused on the "anytime" minutes since that was the limiting factor. Now, I can't even access my invoice on the web to see if it turns out to be a better deal for me (since I just changed plans).
    And whats the voice plan you're on now?
  19.    #19  
    My Plan Summary:
    PCS FREE & CLEAR WITH VISION
    $89.99 PCS FREE & CLEAR WITH VISION
    MINUTES ARE SHARED ON THIS PLAN
    ALL MINUTES INCLUDE LONG DISTANCE
    2000 ANYTIME MINUTES
    2 MB OF PCS VISION
    2 MB = 2048 KB
    DATA IS NOT SHARED
    CALLER ID, CALL WAITING
    VOICEMAIL
    ABove includes sharing with another phone. I'm paying an additional $20 to share with a third phone. Two year agreement.

I was told that I could add 8mbytes for $20, or 20mbytes for $40. Then again, I've been told a lot of things this morning