1.    #1  
    Hey dudes.....

I'm an Apple user on Sprint PCS

For those of you familiar with OS X.2 Jaguar, you probably know about all of the cool BlueTooth options that Apple is introducing......

....with that in mind, I would get the Sony Erriccson P800, but I don't really wanna use Cingular (unless this phone is gonna be on Sprint....do any of you know whether it will be or not?)

I DEFINITELY want a smartphone though.......so basically, I'm down to a Treo (with no Bluetooth, but Sprint PCS), a P800 (with no 3G), or wait for the rumored Apple Smartphone to come out......which is merely rumors, but could happen....

anyhoo......I like Sprint though, so I'm leaning towards Treo, despite its lack of Bluetooth.........I thought I'd ask what you guys think though, particularly you Apple user out there?

THANK YOU A TON!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    I too am using X.2 right now, and am likely to purchase a Treo 300. While Bluetooth and Apple's recent adoption of it is exciting, it's not much use to us when Handspring is scrapping all expansion of options in the Treo's (except for memory). I don't know anything about the Sony you mentioned, and as to Apple's PDA, it's a fantasy. They will NEVER get into the PDA business again. Lord Jobs has noted on repeated occassions that Apple has absolutely no interest in the PDA market, the closest they are coming to it is with the iPod's limited addressbook/calendar functions.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response dude!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Originally posted by longday
    Handspring is scrapping all expansion of options in the Treo's (except for memory).
    And of course the Treo communicators don't even support memory expansion (see, for example, this Treo 300 FAQ entry) -- only the Treo 90 supports that.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Wait for the Sony Ericsson P800! GSM coverage in the US is getting better by the month. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for HS to add Bluetooth and memory expansion to the Treo. HS is running out of cash as we speak.
  6.    #6  
    well.....

I've caved in and purchased a Treo 300

I do have a 30 day trial though....so if I hate it, I'll go with the P800....

Personally though, I really like Sprint's service, a lot more than Cingular or ATT.....so I see no point in buying a nice phone, if the service is going to suck....
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Service matters a lot. If you dont have access to the network what good it is to have a geeky phone ??
    The reason I waited for Treo 300 is simple better cellular coverage area in US.
    Treo 270 is a much better option I guess as it is GSM (Global coverage) and 2 way SMS (you got to experience it to believe it). With the built in thumb board it is so Cool !!
    On Treo 300 you can only receive an SMS (ughh).
    All said I still bought the Treo 300 (what ???)
    I'm not so sure that Apple isn't contemplating another attempt at a PDA, especially after reading the NY Times article below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/19/te...gy/19APPL.html
    Originally posted by wshwe:
    Wait for the Sony Ericsson P800!
    Some may find the Symbian OS running on that device not as satisfactory as the Palm OS, of course.

GSM coverage in the US is getting better by the month.
    Still no GPRS in Orange County, California, as far as I'm aware, but hopefully before too long...

Originally posted by mattiowa:
    I'm not so sure that Apple isn't contemplating another attempt at a PDA, especially after reading the NY Times article below.
    Hmm. Usually I dismiss such speculation as wishful thinking, but that article was a lot more persuasive than the usual website forum posts on the topic. They did tie together several pieces of circumstantial evidence. Here's hoping that it's true (and that the phone runs a Mac OS X derivative).
    Are you all insane? Apple's rumored PDA already came out. It was called Newton. They hate PDA's! Steve Jobs throws digital cameras at anyone who mentiones Apple branded PDA's. This is nuts. Every single, and I mean EVERY, couple of months some rumormill website puts up this WHOLE thing about how Apple is on the cusp of releasing a PDA, and it's not been true since way back in the 90s. I may eat my words on this, but it's highly unlikely, IMHO.
    Originally posted by longday
    Are you all insane? Apple's rumored PDA already came out. It was called Newton. They hate PDA's! Steve Jobs throws digital cameras at anyone who mentiones Apple branded PDA's. This is nuts. Every single, and I mean EVERY, couple of months some rumormill website puts up this WHOLE thing about how Apple is on the cusp of releasing a PDA, and it's not been true since way back in the 90s. I may eat my words on this, but it's highly unlikely, IMHO.
    Did you read the linked article? While I agree that Apple probably won't come out with another PDA-only device, the article made a persuasive argument that Apple may be working on an Apple-branded cell phone with PDA features. They've already added some PDA features to the iPod, so it's not such a stretch.
    It's OK, when I was young I looked like Dan Harkless.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Originally posted by Treo Rat
    It's OK, when I was young I looked like Dan Harkless.
    So that's what I have to look forward to? Lovely...
  14.    #14  
    Well....the biggest piece of evidence was that Pixo is working on a second device for Apple....and acording to many, that 'other' device is a TiVo-like player, or a wireless stereo thing.......

anyhoo....I also heard that they were advertising the P800 at MacWorld.....that doesn't seem to make sense if an iPhone is on its way....?
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Well....the biggest piece of evidence was that Pixo is working on a second device for Apple....and acording to many, that 'other' device is a TiVo-like player, or a wireless stereo thing.......

anyhoo....I also heard that they were advertising the P800 at MacWorld.....that doesn't seem to make sense if an iPhone is on its way....?

Exactly! Apple's strategy under Jobs is to create new niche product markets, not to enter existing ones.

NateS