1.    #1  
    270: 4.2" x 2.8" x 0.82" 5.4 oz
    300: 4.3" x 2.7" x 0.70" 5.2 oz

And we thought the 300 would be bigger than the 270. Maybe the omission of the sim card in cdma helped out.

Sprint rep at Circuit City said in a couple of years we will have live picture of the person we are talking to on our phones (provided both have the $299 phone with a camera - not released yet).

I asked him about number portability, but he said that won't happen because carriers "own" their block of numbers. Wish it were not so, cause that means I'm stuck with Verizon. I could probably think of 50% of the organizations I'd need to inform of a number change, but calling everyone, from alarm company to web hosting company would be a pain pain pain.

I asked him about the samsung bluechip palm clam, but he didn't know about that, however he did meantion the i330 would be coming out in a couple months.
    David
    Originally posted by drw
    I asked him about number portability, but he said that won't happen because carriers "own" their block of numbers. Wish it were not so, cause that means I'm stuck with Verizon. I could probably think of 50% of the organizations I'd need to inform of a number change, but calling everyone, from alarm company to web hosting company would be a pain pain pain.

Ask him what happend with 800 number portability. Same issue. Each carrier owned blocks of #s. The carriers lost that one.
    I think the camera (videoconferencing phones) are closer than 2 years away, I've used one and actually did a video call at last years CTIA wireless conference.... they are available in japan right now....
    Originally posted by Fikse
    I think the camera (videoconferencing phones) are closer than 2 years away, I've used one and actually did a video call at last years CTIA wireless conference.... they are available in japan right now....
    There is a pic on sprint PCS web site if I can find will post link. There are digital cameras that interface with 3g phones now. I forget which phone or if it is available yet in this market but I have seen pictures of it.
    I just saw the specs listed on handspring's website.

Treo 300
    Size 4.4" x 2.8" x .82" (11.2cm x 7.1cm x 2.1cm)
    Weight 5.7 oz

Treo 270
    Size 4.2" x 2.8" x 0.82" (10.8cm x 7.1cm x 2.1cm)
    Weight 5.4 oz
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Distrachi
    I just saw the specs listed on handspring's website.

Treo 300
    Size 4.4" x 2.8" x .82" (11.2cm x 7.1cm x 2.1cm)
    Weight 5.7 oz
    So who's measurements are wrong, Sprint's or Handspring's?
    David
    cdma phone are usually larger than the same gsm phone.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.